PDA

View Full Version : Internet Service

jcwit
02-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Anyone else out there having trouble with high speed internet service thru Frontier? I've been out for a week and so far all I can get from them is its on a work ticket. I understand its wide spread here in No. Indiana.

Any comments?

Bosshaug
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I have Frontier here in Arizona, and although it is sometimes slow, it is still working.

runfiverun
02-06-2012, 01:48 PM
whiterabbit has been having trouble staying connected, but i am not sure where he is located.
heard we had a solar flair,maybe y'all caught some of it.

41 mag fan
02-06-2012, 02:00 PM
i've had trouble with my 4G Wifi all morning. Mines thru Verizon in S. In though.
I've had to disconnect then reconnect 3 different times this morning.

jcwit
02-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Well Lo and Behold! I got home from the library and bingo I now have internet, so yup they fixed it when they said they would.

waksupi
02-06-2012, 05:04 PM
This could be the increased solar activity. I have noticed pixelation on the tv the past week, and lost connection on the internet this morning for awhile.

Jailer
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
I had a heck of a time tuning in the local radio station today on both their AM and FM sides.

Another local rock station hasn't been coming in worth a hill of beans lately either.

41 mag fan
02-06-2012, 07:21 PM
This could be the increased solar activity. I have noticed pixelation on the tv the past week, and lost connection on the internet this morning for awhile.

Wait till Dec 21st...the solar activity will possibly be worse than ever seen in human history......:groner:

Shepherd2
02-07-2012, 07:30 AM
We've had Frontier for about 8 months now and have been very happy with it. Previously we had HughesNet which was a big improvement over dial up but not very reliable and costly. Frontier is much faster, much more reliable and 1/3 the cost of HughesNet.

jcwit
02-07-2012, 08:50 AM
We've had Frontier for about 8 months now and have been very happy with it. Previously we had HughesNet which was a big improvement over dial up but not very reliable and costly. Frontier is much faster, much more reliable and 1/3 the cost of HughesNet.

I agree, up to last week when it went down. Had Verizon prior to when Frontier took over all the land lines. Very good service. But when it went down could not get any answer from them other than "it on a repair ticket", and there are many folks in the same boat here locally. Maybe they're upgrading equipment, but then if so why not just say that.

Oh well, it progress I assume. Wait, never assume anything.:?:

Boondocker
02-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Here is a speed test to see how fast your internet is working. I check it occasionally as some of fronteirs download speeds slow down drastically as the get over loaded.Sometimes you are paying for HSI and not getting it just dial up speeds.

http://speedtest.frontier.com/

Rick Hodges
02-07-2012, 11:37 AM
My email through Att/yahoo was all fuggly this morning...very slow if I could get it at all. It is some better but still not right.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
frontier in WIS is fine , i will say frontier has been much easier to deal with than other companies i have had.

it sure is nice that they are ALL USA customer service people , that can speak and understand English.

firefly1957
02-08-2012, 05:13 PM
You would not believe all the trouble I had with frontier phone they have the worst customer service I have ever seen . Also When they were working on lines they dropped wires all on the ground and left them they jammed up my snow blower took me near a hour to fix it.

Daffy
02-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Trust me whenI tell ya that land line telco service is dying on the vine, next will be catv. Wireline communication in general is rapidly becoming a dinosaur...

It is very difficult to watch my paycheck slowly die with it.

Satellite services like Hughes or Wild Blue are robbers at best, read the fine print...

It really comes down to wireless providers having available bandwidth and the government allowing the bandwidth necessary to provide the services we desire. You can fill in the blanks.

Communication Tech since '84.