PDA

View Full Version : Surplus Taurus 82's on the market

Tazman1602
02-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Hey all,

I recently bought a bunch of the used Taurus Model 82's that have been on the market and wanted to provide some feedback for those that are interested --- mainly because the price is extremely right.

I dealt with J&G, one of my suppliers and bought a dozen. Only one of them did I have to send back because of cylinder lockup issues and J&G immediately sent me a UPS tag to return the pistol and they are going to replace. VERY nice to deal with them.

The rest are holster worn and ugly ---- but very functional. I'm in the process of taking them all down to the frames, cleaning, and in the case of ones I"m keeping for my wife and selling to my cousin getting new hammer and trigger springs.

So far, the one's I"ve gotten done have come out with 4lb triggers that are very crisp. The insides have been, of course, filthy but they clean up easily.

These pistols are a good deal for anyone who wants a shooter. I haven't slugged barrels etc and will probably only do so for my own but test firings with Lyman 358311 shows little leading and pretty good minute of bad guy accuracy.

Just thought I"d pass the word in case any of you have been looking at these, I am NOT a vendor sponsor right now but will be again soon, until I can get dollars to Ken please don't ask if any are for sale out of respect.

If you have one of these and are interested in complete take down and assembly let me know and I will take pictures and do a write up down the road of complete and total disassembly. Biggest problem getting them back together is the hand assembly......

Regards,

Art

Wally
02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
I have one and it is a good shooter....very happy with it...