PDA

View Full Version : What not to do!

Freightman
02-05-2012, 10:26 AM
The wind was blowing 40++ MPH it was in the 30's and I do not have a heater in my shop, I was bored and thought (where my trouble started) I will measure out the ingredients for making some BP for my smoke pole. Trying it because the nearest BP to here is Oklahoma City and I do not have the funds right now to order any right now, and I do not like the substitutes. All was going well measured out 150g of KNO3, put it in a baggie and sealed it, the sulfur 20g went the same, now is where the problems began. Got the pre ground and sifted charcoal and started to pour it into the small bowl on the scales, all of a sudden the whole batch decided it didn't like the large jar it was in and "ALL" came out at once. Well it covered my desk, floor, chair and me all at once. Well being the coward I am I ran and got my shop vac. sucked it up, not possible leaves a film of black on everything. Well then the spick and span was mixed and I mopped the floor and scrubbed the desk and chair, then to make everything the same look I had to vacuum the computer (sewing room, it according to who is in it) and the utility room and kitchen. Then is where the wife figures I have done something wrong, ask what I spilled? Told her it wasn't any of her business! wrong thing to say she thinks different and twisted my arm and made me tell on myself. So leave the ground charcoal out of the house or you will find yourself in the role of scrub person with a inspector. Winter is boring makes me do things I shouldn't O-Well!

RMulhern
02-05-2012, 11:54 AM
"and I do not have the funds right now to order any right now,"

Don't guess you've paid your LIFE INSURANCE premium either!!

:killingpc:groner::takinWiz:

odfairfaxsub
02-05-2012, 12:02 PM
lol i hate that kind of mess too

218bee
02-05-2012, 12:30 PM
i remember a powdered graphite spill.........I believe its still around

canyon-ghost
02-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Maybe you shoulda went and got a teaspoon, eh? Thanks for the story.

cajun shooter
02-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I was in my shop on Wednesday and it was up to 80 degrees in there.
If this is only February, then I'm afraid of what is coming.
If you tire of the cold then come visit us in Louisiana some August, it's so nice and comfortable.
Ask Rick Mulhern as he will tell you how nice it is also.

montana_charlie
02-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Then is where the wife figures I have done something wrong, ask what I spilled? Told her it wasn't any of her business! wrong thing to say she thinks different and twisted my arm and made me tell on myself.
Soooo ... how much did you really tell her?
Did you say that you 'spilled some charcoal' ... or did you tell her you were trying to 'MAKE GUNPOWDER' ?

CM

TXGunNut
02-05-2012, 11:17 PM
40 mph winds in Amarillo? Sounds like a fairly calm day for that neck of the woods. :)
Heard rumors about a range up there that uses a length of 3/8" chain for a windflag.

Freightman
02-06-2012, 11:39 AM
40 mph winds in Amarillo? Sounds like a fairly calm day for that neck of the woods. :)
Heard rumors about a range up there that uses a length of 3/8" chain for a windflag.
The range I go to has the rifle range lying SW-to-NE so we can at least zero our rifles. The wind Gage is a 1/2" chain and every once in a while it snaps the end links off when the wind is really blowing. :bigsmyl2: O yes we do not have to worry about lube smoke or air pollution as it is all blown to Kansas, Oklahoma and points NE.

Baja_Traveler
02-06-2012, 11:55 AM

What - like this?

http://www.pbase.com/baja_traveler/image/63330893.jpg

TXGunNut
02-12-2012, 01:51 PM
The wind Gage is a 1/2" chain and every once in a while it snaps the end links off when the wind is really blowing. :bigsmyl2:-Freightman

That's the one I heard about!