PDA

View Full Version : Top Punch Cross Reference?

scb
03-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know of a cross reference for top punches and bullets? What I am looking for is a list that would tell me what Saeco/Redding top punch to use with which Lyman or RCBS bullet. Thanks scb

Buckshot
03-18-2007, 07:02 AM
...............At one time I seem to recall hearing about one but it's been some time, and danged if I can remember where?

................Buckshot

Uncle Grinch
03-18-2007, 06:19 PM
You would think that a group as big as us, with all of our (you guys) knowledge would have a plethora (I learned this word before I retired!!) of charts, tables and lists.

Oh well...

Buckshot
03-19-2007, 03:05 AM
You would think that a group as big as us, with all of our (you guys) knowledge would have a plethora (I learned this word before I retired!!) of charts, tables and lists.

Oh well...

..............Yeah, you'd think! :-) My problem is that I'm not a nosepunch nazi having to have the maker spec'd nose punch for each boolit! I think I have about 12 factory ones and maybe 5 ho-made punches. I just pick the closest fit and use that. Otherwise I'd have to make up a board with holes in it and sort them all out, and it's just a pain.

..............Buckshot

AnthonyB
03-19-2007, 03:39 AM
I have a cross-referenced shell holder list and will gladly forward it to anyone who can post it somewhere. That is beyond my computer skills. Tony

Nanook
03-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Perhaps the Midway Master Catalog would be of some help. It has all of the moulds and their accessories listed for the major brands.

You should be able to cross reference that way.

scrapcan
03-21-2007, 10:28 AM
The only reference i have seen is top punches for saeico bullets being used in a lyman/rcbs sizer. Have not seen the other way around.

nicholst55
03-25-2007, 07:33 PM
I e-mailed Redding and asked them about this, and was not favorably impressed with their response. They said - just eyeball it, and guess!

scb
09-15-2007, 10:00 AM
I couldn't find this after I posted it. I figured I'd posted it in the wrong place and it had been moved or deleted. Thanks for input. Sorry it took so long to get back to it.