PDA

View Full Version : Crime against a FA

tek4260
02-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Well I sold an old Winnie and decided to get a FA or maybe one of those wimpy little 329's. Then I found this....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271478005

:holysheep

You would have to have pretty tough skin to display that thing in a shop around here :)

Of course the comments would be priceless...

nicholst55
02-03-2012, 11:47 PM
I can't imagine what possesses people to do that to a perfectly good gun.

Treeman
02-03-2012, 11:50 PM
I care little for "jeweling" but so what?

stubshaft
02-03-2012, 11:54 PM
*** - First he puts holes in the barrel then jewels the side panels? Might be an attempt to hide some screwy engraving.

Whitworth
02-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Yikes, that's criminal.

gandydancer
02-04-2012, 12:04 AM
I paid that much with a few extrs back in 1986 mine is a 7.5" and still going strong, go for it you will not find any other maker that will shoot better. bigger maybe but not better. GD

subsonic
02-04-2012, 12:13 AM
[smilie=s:All of the six shot FAs have that.

Wish the barrel was jeweled too. Would probably be easier to do on an octagon.

uscra112
02-04-2012, 12:19 AM
You pay that much for a gun, you can do with it whatever you want.

shotstring
02-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Think how snappy it would look alongside a black and white tweed suit. To each his own I guess. Just wouldn't be my choice.

But then again, I really like that jeweled look on my Remington 700 bolt, even though I wasn't the one that had it done.

DragoonDrake
02-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Not into the porting on it, but am I the only one that likes the jeweled look. Can't let the wife see it or she may start shooting big bores.

David LaPell
02-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Looks like someone watched too many episodes of "pimp my ride"

Papa smurf
02-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Oah no , shouldn't have looked .---------------here comes my berakfast !!!!!

Lloyd Smale
02-04-2012, 11:37 AM
there was a guy from alaska that used to be on here way back in the day that used to do the same thing to all his stainless guns. I believe his name was monte and he was a real bird!

rugerdude
02-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Ok, the sides of the hammer and trigger I like, but the whole side of the frame??

No thank you.

44man
02-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Unreal. Jeweling on bolts was made to hold lube and make them slick.
No wonder he wants to sell that ugly gun.

Mooseman
02-04-2012, 12:57 PM
there was a guy from alaska that used to be on here way back in the day that used to do the same thing to all his stainless guns. I believe his name was monte and he was a real bird!

Monte Passed away in 2010 . He probably forgot more about Pistols and pistol smithing than most People would ever know. He would do some jeweling on hammers but I never saw one done like this on the frame.
He was my friend.
Rich

runfiverun
02-04-2012, 12:57 PM
shoulda went hole hog and done the whole thing.
or stopped at the trigger and hammer.
that looks like he found some of those color changing stickers from the 70's and slapped them on.

danski26
02-04-2012, 01:10 PM
A little jeweling goes a long way in my book. I think that revolver is going to be tough to sell. To each his own though.

waksupi
02-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Jeweling polishes out real easy.

tek4260
02-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Hell I am surprised it is at 1400! When I saw it, I was interested until I saw the price. I figured it might would go for $6-750 and I could remove the jeweling and have it powder coated or some similar finish applied. Not to mention you would have to cut the barrel off to remove the porting.

44man
02-04-2012, 01:43 PM
That is why I say to leave a gun alone. Unless you want to change to another caliber, out of box guns are as good as it gets. Sure, some need work.
To ruin the look of a Freedom is a crime.

swheeler
02-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Hey the guy just wanted to" Weatherbyize" his FA, I feel a lttle woosie now!:)

Moondawg
02-04-2012, 01:54 PM
That is what is know among polite society as a Sunday go to meetin gun, or a Bar B Que pistol. The only thing it lacks is silver inlaid rattlesnakes on the grips. The upper crust carries pistolas like that on special dress up occassions.

leftiye
02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Just lightly bead blast it. Just like original.

suba
02-04-2012, 05:50 PM
That gun is a crime against nature. To each his own but it's probably good the owner decided to sell. Hard telling what's in the mind of someone who would do that to an FA :shock:

wtfooptimax200
02-04-2012, 08:29 PM
That gun is about as ugly as Rosie O'Donnell

Whitworth
02-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Hey the guy just wanted to" Weatherbyize" his FA, I feel a lttle woosie now!:)

LOL! You've got that right!

Lloyd Smale
02-05-2012, 06:37 AM
he had a 4 inch vaquero he built himself in 500 linebaugh. It was machined turned on the entire frame and grip frame. It was the gun that got me interested in a 4 inch 500. He also posted a picture with a number of his guns embellished with machine turning. At the same time he posted the notorious broken nose picture. He was a bird! He did know how to make a gun and sure did know how to push the limits when loading for them. Some of his 500 loads would terrify me to shoot in my 500s and ive been known to push the limit. I often wondered what ever happened to him. We used to email each other occasionaly. How did he die?
shoulda went hole hog and done the whole thing.
or stopped at the trigger and hammer.
that looks like he found some of those color changing stickers from the 70's and slapped them on.

swheeler
02-05-2012, 01:17 PM
he had a 4 inch vaquero he built himself in 500 linebaugh. It was machined turned on the entire frame and grip frame. It was the gun that got me interested in a 4 inch 500. He also posted a picture with a number of his guns embellished with machine turning. At the same time he posted the notorious broken nose picture. He was a bird! He did know how to make a gun and sure did know how to push the limits when loading for them. Some of his 500 loads would terrify me to shoot in my 500s and ive been known to push the limit. I often wondered what ever happened to him. We used to email each other occasionaly. How did he die?

lloyd never heard "machine turned" always engine turned or jeweled, in my neck of the woods usually jeweled/jeweling.

frankenfab
02-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Do some of you guys have a problem with WEATHERBY? Just askin' 'cause I love them, myself.

I know Lloyd had a problem with a .257, but don't knock them untill you try several of them.

If you guys were just kidding, I apologize, but if not, I will be glad to start a seperate thread about them. :bigsmyl2:

Don't know that I've seen more than 1 or 2 threads on the subject.[smilie=p:

MajorJim
02-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Did not see it in the GB ad, but does the FA come with a gold front tooth?

mud lake
02-09-2012, 04:12 AM
Monte Passed away in 2010 . He probably forgot more about Pistols and pistol smithing than most People would ever know. He would do some jeweling on hammers but I never saw one done like this on the frame.
He was my friend.
Rich

Hey Rich - was that the Monte I knew from gun shows who used to work as a bouncer? He always had high end pistols on his tables and I remember some of them were really slicked up. He seemed to disappear a few years ago and I went to an estate sale in Anchorage that was selling all of his stuff left in his apartment, lots of Ruger pistol parts, ammo, a motorcycle and other great stuff. I heard he got into some trouble with the IRS. ???
What was the circumstances of his death?

Mooseman
02-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Hey Rich - was that the Monte I knew from gun shows who used to work as a bouncer? He always had high end pistols on his tables and I remember some of them were really slicked up. He seemed to disappear a few years ago and I went to an estate sale in Anchorage that was selling all of his stuff left in his apartment, lots of Ruger pistol parts, ammo, a motorcycle and other great stuff. I heard he got into some trouble with the IRS. ???
What was the circumstances of his death?

It was Paul !
I dont know about IRS stuff but he died in his sleep...I heard it was a heart attack.
I never heard about the sale. I would have been there. You know he was shot in the chest with a 30/06 at a gun show in Anchorage years ago. He lived with pain after surviving that ordeal. He was a tough buzzard.
Rich

Green Frog
02-09-2012, 11:53 AM
AAUUGHH! My eyes hurt!!! :veryconfu

Just goes to show you don't need taste to have lots of money! Oh why was I born handsome and talented instead of rich? ;)

Froggie

Whitworth
02-09-2012, 12:30 PM
AAUUGHH! My eyes hurt!!! :veryconfu

Just goes to show you don't need taste to have lots of money! Oh why was I born handsome and talented instead of rich? ;)

Froggie

Haha!

BLTsandwedge
02-10-2012, 04:09 PM
That is what is know among polite society as a Sunday go to meetin gun, or a Bar B Que pistol. The only thing it lacks is silver inlaid rattlesnakes on the grips. The upper crust carries pistolas like that on special dress up occassions.

Upper crust of what?

tek4260
02-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Upper crust of what?

Well since they are cowboys....... I could guess :)