PDA

View Full Version : worth it or not?

number7tn
02-03-2012, 12:30 PM
i know this question might have came up before , but my local scrap yard has lead sinkers that is clean with no metal and wants .50 cents a pound for it. going by what i have read i think ita a fair price , i have called the tire shops and some auto salvage yards and there is nothing there from what they said.
so is clean lead worth it?

im almost out of the big truck ww ingots that i had as my dad worked as a mechanic and my uncle still does at a trucking company and they dont use lead anymore , its a bag of beads of some kind they put in the tire as they put it on the rim now , it was the company owner choice, wish he hadnt done that.

anyway sorry for the long story , but i think i might try about 100 pounds of this at 50 cent.

what is your opinions, grab it? leave it?

thanks
GOD BLESS
Darrell

para45lda
02-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Not sure where you live but I'd get all I could afford. You can always sell it here to get your money back if you fall into more free stuff.

Wes

GRUMPA
02-03-2012, 01:45 PM
If it was me I would get all I could at that price.

sabrecross03
02-03-2012, 01:48 PM
definitely worth it. That is below market value.

Reload3006
02-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Thats a bad deal tell me where its at so I can save you from it. LOL scrap lead prices are hovering at a dollar a pound. if that tells you anything

number7tn
02-03-2012, 02:04 PM
thanks for the replys , i was thinking it was a good deal , i am going to get at least 100 pounds today and more as i can afford it (long as he has it) , he is a friend and i have done a lot of buisness with him so i am going to see if he will hold what i cant afford at the moment and if he gets more in if he will hold it for me.
by the way para45 i live in east tn , next to the n.c. state line.
thanks again for the replys i appriciate it.
GOD BLESS
Darrell

number7tn
02-03-2012, 07:14 PM
just to let youall know im the new owner of 149 pounds of mostly 2 1/2 oz egg sinkers , there is a few that is 1 1/2 and some thats 3 oz n bigger. thats all the sinkers he had and he dont know if he will get any more. after i payed for them he said he had some scrap lead but it could be melted battries or anything and then he said he had some wheel weights seperate and to me he would take 25cents a pound for. well i couldnt afford them today but he is supposed to hold me some.
anyway thanks again for all the replys , now i got some melting to do....
GOD BLESS
Darrell