PDA

View Full Version : A Hydraulic Press question

klcarroll
02-02-2012, 01:24 AM
I'm in the process of designing a hydraulic press for swaging: .....Does anyone happen to know the bore and stroke of the cylinder used in the Corbin hydraulic presses????

Kent

Spanners
02-02-2012, 08:14 AM
If you get the eBook on the Hydro press it tells you there

I'm at work and mine is on the other side of the world

Reload3006
02-02-2012, 08:32 AM
the bore and stroke is the same as the CSP2 MEGA mite press. IT uses H series dies. Both Corbin and RCELLC are the same in the big guys. You can get the thread and stroke on the Corbin MFG web site.

GerryM
02-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Yo probably missed it . There was a set up on Ebay made with a wichita press set up
for sale. The photos were worth a 1,000 word. Set up with foot pedal .

barryjyoung
08-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Hi Kent:

I believe hydraulic presses from both Corbin brothers use a 3.5 inch bore and 6 inch stroke. Please notice that I said I believe. Couple this with 2000 psi to get just over 19,000 pounds of force.

I am also building a hydraulic press for bullet swaging. This very day, I bought a hydraulic power pack from someone on Craigslist. It came with a solenoid valve, 3/5 horsepower motor, 3 gallon reservoir, Control buttons in a pendant enclosure and two hoses about 4 feet long. $100. I am very happy. Look to Craigslist and also google Surplus City for great deals on Hydraulic components.

My cunning plan is to mate the hydraulic system to the "Let's make a swaging press" swaging press from here on cast boolits. This should put me into a hydraulic swaging press for around $500 including everything except my labor. Then the real labor of love starts when I go to make the dies.

Good luck Kent

Barry Young

barryjyoung
08-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Yo probably missed it . There was a set up on Ebay made with a wichita press set up
for sale. The photos were worth a 1,000 word. Set up with foot pedal .

That same Wichita system came up again in July. I think that when the buyer realized it was not a swaging press and that it was only a reloading press, he probably dumped it back onto ebay as fast as he could.

Barry

marten
08-11-2012, 02:14 AM
That same Wichita system came up again in July. I think that when the buyer realized it was not a swaging press and that it was only a reloading press, he probably dumped it back onto ebay as fast as he could.

Barry

And was probably the most dangerous setup that I've seen, no thought about when ones paws get in the way!

GerryM
08-11-2012, 08:22 AM
martens right on being danngerous one slip and it would be over on that foot pedal.
It could have been used for bullet swageing with some minor mods though.
The price was outragious. The was also one to relad volcan canno ammo on the bay.
If you want to use a hydraulic press set it up with duel hand stops. that way both hands are out of the way.