PDA

View Full Version : Loading tools for >.45 cals

subsonic
02-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Ok.

Powder funnel and chamfer and deburr tool: What do you use on the big stuff? My .475 is stretching it with my RCBS "rocket" tool and looks like it won't work for fiddy cal. Same for my powder funnel.

What are you fellas usin?

Longwood
02-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok.

Powder funnel and chamfer and deburr tool: What do you use on the big stuff? My .475 is stretching it with my RCBS "rocket" tool and looks like it won't work for fiddy cal. Same for my powder funnel.

What are you fellas usin?

I found four funnels in a set at the dollar store. They have very long and skinny spouts which can easily be trimmed down to a diameter I need.
One nice thing about large cases, is you can often use a funnel that goes into the case mouth.

saz
02-02-2012, 01:31 AM
For chamfering the inside of the case mouth I have been using the Lyman VLD tool with very good sucess, outside is done with the Lee. I dont have much help with the funnel as I use the powder thru case mouth expanding die with the funnel on top from Lee. Works very well for me.

stubshaft
02-02-2012, 01:50 AM
I use the MTM funnel kit without putting in any of the inserts. For chamfering I use RCBS 50 cal. chamfering tool.

subsonic
02-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Was at Cabelas last night and saw that RCBS and Lyman both make deburring tools for .17-.60 now. Both around $25 there. Saw an RCBS powder funnel that said right on te back foe .500 s&w and WSSM cartridges for $8.

I'm going to see how much they are other places as Cabelas here is usually really high on reloading stuff.

Mike 56
02-02-2012, 11:40 AM
For me a sharp pocket knife works great for a chamfer and deburring tool. I use a pan funnel to fill my cases.