PDA

View Full Version : First impressions of White Label BAC

jonk
02-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I got sick of mixing my own, and got some from Lars. Very nice guy to deal with.

Figured I'd try BAC and 2500+. I filled the sizer up with BAC first.

It flows through the lube sizer well, even without a heater.

I found that it pulls out from the bullet grooves a bit too easily for my taste; on seating, a number of rounds pulled lube out from part or all of the bullet, even with a generous flare to the case. This seems to depend some on the style of bullet mold and lube groove. Loverlins are strangely the worst offender, but I had no problems with the conventional style 314299 or several pistol molds.

Shooting it, I got no leading. I was shooting 4198 in my .303 with a gas check, BAC, around 1900 fps.

Overall A-. Very good performer, it just isn't quite sticky enough for my tastes.

Can't wait to try the 2500+!

runfiverun
02-01-2012, 01:03 PM
lanolin. it'll stickify it for ya.

Hardcast416taylor
02-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I blend a stick of Carnuba Red with 3 sticks of BAC lube. I pour the melted mix into my 450 Lyman lubers, let it set for about an hour before starting lube/sizeing. Tackiness is lessened greatly and the lube doesn`t pull out of the grooves like straight BAC will do. This blend of mine can be used without a heater, but may be a bit stiff working at the outset.Robert

Shiloh
02-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Larsen's 2500 is a bit stiffer than BAC. I'm currently using BAC and have been for a while now.
I would have no qualms at all about using the 2500.

This time of year I warm the 450 a little even with BAC. Never had the lube come off the grooves.

Shiloh

cajun shooter
02-02-2012, 09:42 AM
I never had BAC pull from the lube grooves with Bac. I did however add a small amount of Lanolin into the BAC after it was melted for bore condition.
I have always used BAC for pistol rounds only as that is it's main purpose.
I think you will have better rifle performance from the 2500. I also would mix BAC with Carnuba and a tablespoon of lanolin for some great lube.
I have some BAC that sits idle until one of my friends need more SASS bullets as all my shooting is with BP.