View Full Version : Seperation problem

Ed Barrett
03-12-2007, 10:31 AM
I was out to the range yesterday with my .357 92 clone and I experienced a case seperation problem. About 3/4" of the front of the case is still in the rifle. Does and one make a stuck case remover for a .357 ? I was shooting light cast loads, but the cases are a bit older than dirt. I inspected the cases that I had fired and shoot the rest through a revolver and had no problem.

Mallard57
03-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Can you get an oversized bore brush in from behind?
Jeff

felix
03-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Use cerrosafe to get a chamber plug. When just cool, the plug should be expanded enough to pull out the case segment with it. This is prolly the very safest way to handle this problem. I ruined a perfectly good trapdoor chamber by using a hard metal tool to grab the case segment. ... felix

Scrounger
03-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Mallard has the right idea. If you can stick a cleaning brush of .357 diameter through the case from the rear, it should bring the case fragment with it when you pull it back out. Don't push it any farther than necessary because it gets really hard to reverse a brush in the bore. And yes, they do make the remover, Brownell's and maybe Midway should have them. But the brush trick works 90% of the time...

waksupi
03-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Close the beech. Start putting tufts of toilet paper down the muzzle, tamping tightly as you go. Once you get the chamber and barrel full to about two inches in front of the case, open the breech, and drive out the wad and case.

9.3X62AL
03-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I have used both the "backward/oversized" bore brush and the tissue-packing idea to grab the leftover case parts from chambers. Tissue and cotton T-shirt cloth do well here. I've never had to really pack the bore with material, usually about 2" will do it. The tissue or cloth fibers grab the ragged end of the case part and drag it out.