PDA

View Full Version : Mk-85

baker1425
01-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Picked up a deal on a great condition MK-85 in .50, it still works on #11 size caps.

I got it to work, but I'm not smart enough to take it apart for cleaning. I also had a question about the ignition system.

With adjustment of the screw thing in the back, it shot really nice. Unsure of the nomenclature, and massive Googlefail on finding an online manual resource, can anyone help?

smoked turkey
01-30-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm not familiar with the MK-85, but I think the bolt comes out after you unscrew the large inner ring that is on the rear of the action. Take the barrel out of the stock first ofcourse. The bolt will slip out. You probably need a special tool to remove the breech plug/nipple combination. The trigger group may also be taken off using an allen wrench. You could then clean it in hot water using a tight patch from the muzzle end by sucking the water up from the breech with pump like action. Hopefully you haven't shot it already because you need to clean very soon after firing to avoid corrosion. I think if you go to Knight's web site you can find the digital version of the manual. Not sure but you should try. Hope this helps.

skullmount
01-30-2012, 10:55 AM
go here

http://krwarranty.com/

baker1425
01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
They call this action the wolverine now, and I got all my questions answered. I did clean it with hot soapy water on a pour through, followed up by spray cleaner, and a bath in rem-oil.

I'll completely take it apart this weekend, and I do appreciate the information!

kenjuudo
01-30-2012, 08:34 PM
baker1425, I have a manual on the MK85 if you would like to have it email me your addy.

jim

jeepman133
01-31-2012, 01:14 AM
Either buy or cast some 460 gr slip fit conicals for that rifle. you will be amazed at how accurate it will shoot them.