PDA

View Full Version : How to blow your tax return

Pepe Ray
01-30-2012, 02:13 AM
Mystique of the 475 Linebaugh

Some would call it an affliction, some an infection, I call it an affection; although for a piece such as this I stand mystified.

I was first exposed in April of ’86 when Ross Seyfried introduced us to Linebaugh’s work with the 45 Colt. Then in Dec. ’89 Seyfried took a .475 to Australia to drop a Buff. The fever continued to work on me.
As I look back I realize that the wonderful woman I called wife would have helped me to find a place in the budget to add it to the family. But, as a product of the depression, neither of us would bend to my wants.
It wasn’t till 1995 that my son stumbled, at a gun show, on a guy who needed money to pay some college tuition bills. He was sacrificing a gorgeous Linebaugh/Ruger .475, 5 ˝”. With all the loading equipment and some ammo. The stars must have been aligned. I had to get the cash but, I brought it all home. Over the next few years we shot up the ammo. I strutted my stuff at work and with friends and put it in the safe. I messed around with building some fun loads but life got in the way and “she” was a safe queen.

Now, life, again, dictates my moves. I’m too old to enjoy the elation of shooting the behemouth. I’ve pretty much given up hope of ever lucking onto a Maine moose hunt permit, and if I did I’d have to use a rifle.
So, she’s going on the block.

Look for my post in the FS/forum. Soon I’ll decide what I need and how it will happen.

Pepe Ray

lbaize3
01-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Man, I am so sad to hear your story. At 65 I still enjoy slinging 412 grain boolits out of my 480 Ruger at about 1200 fps. I get sore wrists, but heck it is fun! Hope all turns out well for you and yours.

Leonard

Pepe Ray
01-30-2012, 08:49 PM
I've made some bloopers in my day but this was a 'doozy'.
I must apologize to all. Especially to 'subsonic' and 'Warf73',
I have received a firestorm from my family when they learned of my post.
I'm afraid that some deep hurt and hard feelings have been created.

With this post I'm "pulling in my horns". There will be no further movement on this issue until I can resolve my family's concerns.

Again, please forgive me,
Pepe Ray

jrayborn
01-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Good to see you have come to your sense's. Hard to undue what is done. :smile:

Lefty SRH
01-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Keep her!

subsonic
01-30-2012, 11:23 PM
No problem pal. Do what you need to do.