PDA

View Full Version : I just bought this.

gunfan
01-29-2012, 11:30 PM
http://i19.tinypic.com/2ylu2v5.jpg

I'll be getting it this coming week. Another test bed for 100-grain cast bullets loaded to about 970 fps!

Scott

gunfan
01-30-2012, 12:02 PM
I just got off the line with S&W Customer Service, and was told that the revolver was manufactured in 2005. SWEET!

Scott

lbaize3
01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Yep, that's a cutie. Bet it will be a ball to shoot with the 100 grain boolits. Know you are excited!

gunfan
01-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Yep, that's a cutie. Bet it will be a ball to shoot with the 100 grain boolits. Know you are excited!

I now have, or will have five (count em') 5 revolvers chambered for the .32 S&W Long, two of these are chambered for the .32 H&R Magnum (I counted the revolvers chambered for .32 Magnum TWICE for the .32 S&W Long cartridge.);

1) A blue-steel 1903 S&W Hand Ejector,

2 A 2 1/2" barreled nickle-plated Harrington & Richardson Model 733 (NIB, Manufactured in 1971, and fired only at the factory. I have the original box and papers,)

3) a "gently used" 3" barreled, nickel-plated Taurus model 74 (about the size of an S&W "I" frame revolver) Manufactured sometime between 1971 and 1978,

4) a 2008 Charter Arms "Undercoverette" chambered in .32 H&R Magnum, and

5) a 1 7/8" barreled, 2005 S&W Model 632 Airweight "hammerless" (aluminum frame, with a nickel-plated barrel & cylinder.

These revolvers will be worth very little to those afflicted with "Magnum-itis" (read: inflammation of the need for magnum cartridges.) However, if you purchase and use;

1)7000 #0 pellets of lead buckshot,

2) 7000 small pistol primers,

3) 7000 New S&W Long revolver cases, and

4) 1 pound (7000 grains) of Bullseye propellant.

You can spend a VERY long time pushing the lead pellets into the case mouths with your thumb ahead of 1 grain of Bullseye in each primed case.

Out to 25-30 feet, you can thoroughly enjoy yourself with hour after hour of informal, (and VERY accurate) target practice!

Try accomplishing THAT with your uber-magnums! :bigsmyl2:

Scott

Catshooter
01-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Nice looking sixgun Scott. I too have a very old 32 Hand Ejector. Man, what workmanship. Simply stunning.

That sounds like a fun load and I've a .312 round ball Lyman mould, too. How loud is that round?

Welcome to the forum.

Cat

gunfan
01-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Nice looking sixgun Scott. I too have a very old 32 Hand Ejector. Man, what workmanship. Simply stunning.

That sounds like a fun load and I've a .312 round ball Lyman mould, too. How loud is that round?

Welcome to the forum.

Cat

Cat: Look at the round as a true "gallery" load. (if you're so inclined, you should put a light coating of vegetable shortening on the buckshot loads. This will prevent bore leading.) Whatever you do, do NOT shoot such loads indoors, unless you want to be cleaning Crisco off of every surface in front of the revolver's muzzle!

It has as light, or lighter, ballistics than the .32 S&W round itself. This load is either for informal target practice, or defending yourself against enraged field mice! ;)

Regardless of what you shoot, ALWAYS use hearing protection. If you don't, after a while, I'll simply stand to your left and speak loudly!

Scott