PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli Musket

Rafe Covington
01-29-2012, 07:34 PM
I have a chance to get a 1816 military flintlock musket, would enjoy shooting and hunting with it. I have never bought anything Pedersoli made, sure would appreciate any info or opinions.

Thank
Rafe:drinks:

Boerrancher
01-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Out of all of the Italian made replica's I think that the Pedersoli made guns are by far the best. They have purchased original drawings and original guns and copied them with as exacting detail as can be out of the best steels available. I have had several over the years and all of them shot extremely well. I would still have all of them but I was offered 2 or more times what I paid for them so I sold them. My last one was a Remington No 1 Creedmore in 45/70 and that thing was a shooter. I like them and always have.

Best wishes,

Joe

DIRT Farmer
01-29-2012, 10:50 PM
I have a Brown Bess by Pedersoli that has been fired a lot. I was my main compitation gun for twenty years or more. The gun has been fired more than 30,000 rds in compation plus practice. It is begining to show its wear, so far no parts replaced but it is up for a frizzin and screw. The gun is very reliable, the only change I did was put a vent liner (several over the years) in it to protect the other shooters.

In another twenty years I will know if it will hold up.[smilie=1:

I have had to have one lock rebuilt on the 20 ga double that I used to teach with and my sons learned to compete with. Still a lot of shots.

451 Pete
01-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Rafe ,
I have two rifles here made by Pedersoli, a Tryon Creedmoor .451 target rifle and a .58 Kodiac double rifle. Both are very well made and reliable. I haved owned these two rifles for at least 15 years now.
Dixie Gun Works, a Pedersoli distributor, brings about 25 or more of the various Pedersoli rifles and shotguns to display in the Dixie booth on commercial row at Friendship during the spring and fall matchs each year. I can say that the quality of the new products today is on a par or perhaps even better than that of the ones I have. In my opinion they are a very good choice.

Just my thoughts .... Pete :coffee:

Good Cheer
01-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Well did ya get it ?

Rafe Covington
02-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Well did ya get it ?

Yes I did, don't know to do pictures guess you will just to take my word for it.

Rafe:redneck:

DIRT Farmer
02-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Now the part where you get balls, patches, wads and shot. A lot of oppertunities there.