PDA

View Full Version : My Romanian 22 is not firing, how do I fix it?

Ivantherussian03
03-11-2007, 09:29 PM
I had problems with this rifle last fall; the bolt some how got twisted around while it was out, so I could not back in. I remember firing it after that, while hunting. Now it wont fire. The bolt is in and appears to be operational. The 22 cartrideges are being fed and extracted correctly, and casing are being marked ever so slightly by the firing pin. But not firing. I cant extract the bolt from the reciever either. What is wrong here?:roll:

BeeMan
03-11-2007, 10:10 PM
If you are not already familiar with this site, it has a tutorial of the 1969 bolt disassembly/reassembly with pictures. I managed to follow the instructions and get my example back together a month or so ago.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/romanian1969/index.asp

BeeMan

357maximum
03-11-2007, 10:55 PM
It is likely that your firing pin, which also acts as the bolt catch and ejector is bent or broken, and the slot it sits in is simply holding it in semi alignment. Dissassembly may prove interesting if that is the case. Look at that website posted above and do your best/go slow and drive the retaining pin out of the external mauser style bolt latch if you have to.

I have (2) firing pins, a spare jap magazine, like new kwik site scope rings to fit that millimetric rail and the original cleaning kit brush/jag/sight adjusting tool in the steel tube for your toy if interested, I will be gone till wed night or thur morning, but I will get back to you when I get back,, if interested send me a PM.

$30bucks shipped to your door.

There was a day when i did alot of playing with these nice little commy block rifles, them days are over and that is what I have left in the parts bin. one firing pin/ejector has been fitted (thinned and used a bit)the other is brand new(likely needs thinning). The cleaning kit is in a steel tube that goes into that tap door in your buttplate. I do not have the rod for the kit, just the brush/jag. I think I also have a handbook written for that rifle that is signed by the author if I can find it, if I can that would go too, but no promises, I ain't seen it in awhile..

Michael

Ivantherussian03
03-12-2007, 01:20 AM
I thought surplusrifle.com went belly up. Let me take it all apart this week, and clean it up good, then well see.

enfieldphile
03-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I thought surplusrifle.com went belly up.

www.surplusrifle.com is still there. The original owner has cancer, he's pretty sick, and could not keep up w/ the 40 odd data bases of the site. Him and his two buddies were posting a new article almost every week for a few years! He sold the site, and all its articles to another person. The new owner says he will have new content posted sometime in the future. You can still read the all old articles. You can also buy all the articles on CD.

The 3 guys who wrote all the surplusrifle articles now have a new site, www.firearmreflections.com . I think they have 6 articles out so far.