PDA

View Full Version : 310 dies?

bravokilo
06-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Who has the list of #'s for the 310 dies? I picked up a small bag full at the last gun show (the price was right!) and I have nothing to use them in, so I figgered I'd pass them along. I expect that will be easier iffen I know what they're for! I need to get rid of these BEFORE I decide to get more!!

Thanks!!

BK

floodgate
06-25-2005, 12:16 AM
BK:

"Who has the list of #'s for the 310 dies? I picked up a small bag full at the last gun show (the price was right!) and I have nothing to use them in, so I figgered I'd pass them along. I expect that will be easier iffen I know what they're for! I need to get rid of these BEFORE I decide to get more!!"

That's easy, send them my way before they multiply! Seriously, PM me with your s-mail address and I'll send you a couple of charts that should help you sort them out. (I'll be happy to take any excess off your hands at a reasonable price.)

The older dies were marked with code numbers; after some time in the '70's (?) they started marking the die bodies with the actual calibers. The decapping dies and the expanding die BODIES are not normally marked; they just come in short - medium - long. The expander plugs are marked with diameter in 0.001"s, and the seating screws with a number usually - but not always - related to the bullet mould number. I can give you a list of those, too.

Copy the above into your PM message, so I can remember what the question was (it's Hell getting old!!)

floodgate

trooperdan
06-26-2005, 11:05 AM
See if you guys can see this list that is in my files area on Yahoo.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/35f75e5e/bc/Lyman+310+muzzle+resizers/Lyman+310+MR.txt.txt?CC3hRxCBlSlPrU_e

bravokilo
06-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks Dan! We are getting them sorted out via email.

BK

Four Fingers of Death
07-01-2005, 06:08 AM
See if you guys can see this list that is in my files area on Yahoo.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/35f75e5e/bc/Lyman+310+muzzle+resizers/Lyman+310+MR.txt.txt?CC3hRxCBlSlPrU_e

I have 2x tools and dies for the 30/30 and I really enjoy using thes even though I have dies for my rockchucker and my Super Simplex (aussie press similar to the little old Lyman press).

I'm looking forward to getting more dies.

beagle
07-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Mick...If you can't find the charts, e-mail me and I'll send what I have in MS Works format. Should get you out of trouble.

Also, when you figure out what you're short, post it. A bunch of us have odds and ends and pieces of sets floating around and we can trade out./beagle

floodgate
07-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Beagle: I have several versions of the 310 and T-L Jr. die code charts I can send them to you, or post on CASTPICS, if I can get Sundog's attention. I'm working on my second "cigar box full" of these, and will cheerfully accept any "orphans" you-all may want to get rid of. I'll pay Pri-Mail postage and maybe a couple of $$ per die. And maybe, some of these days, I'll have enough to help fill out incomplete sets for some of the "brethren". floodgate

STAMP OUT VIOLENCE!