PDA

View Full Version : Shot some today

Little Joe
03-11-2007, 06:54 PM
With the nice weather here in Michigan today I decided to shoot some this afternoon.I ended up shooting all the rest of my Ranch Dog bullets I got from a friend and now im out of cast bullets.

I have well over 2500 pounds of lead to smelt so I have that taken care of for the time being so now all I need is a good mold.I did get one of the Ranch Dog molds from Lee company but those bullets cast small.They look fine but will not shoot like the real Ranch Dogs.I tried to get my friend to sell me his mold but he will not.

Maybe a mold from Ranch Dog himself?Maybe another design?

Have alot of Lee Brown Alox and have a nice Star with alot of blue and red for other designs.

Would like some good bullets to shoot

This makes me wonder what Shemp whould have to say?

Out of here,
Little Joe

Jack Stanley
03-11-2007, 09:06 PM
It is nice to be able to shoot outside again instead of poking the rifle out the window of the range house . What would Shemp say ? ... put it on my VISA card nyuk nyuk !!

As cold as the winters seem to be on me anymore . I've been thinking about retiring in Tennessee ...... now all I gotta do in convince my wife :roll: :-D

Jack

Buckshot
03-11-2007, 10:37 PM
.................Daytime temps here in So. Calif are projected to be in the low 90's high 80's all week. I'm NOT ready for summer so soon.

...............Buckshot

Bullshop
03-11-2007, 11:19 PM
.................Daytime temps here in So. Calif are projected to be in the low 90's high 80's all week. I'm NOT ready for summer so soon.

...............Buckshot
Now dont blame me, I just read the post out loud but BS Mom says thats D I S C U S T I N G!!!!!
We have been bouncing between -40 nights up to 0 days.
Focast for the week is about the same, lows -35 to highs +5
Least we dont waste much time in the out house!
BIC/BS

3sixbits
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
When it's spring time in Alaska it's ...... No mosquitoes, no black flies. Just wait, the weather will really turn bad.

NVcurmudgeon
03-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Signs of spring are all over the place here. Record temperature for this date set today at 76 F. The dog looks ready to shift into his summer haircut. The bodily orifice down the road has had his huge snowmobile/motorcycle trailer taking up half the width of our narrow road since Saturday, time for my annual call to the Sheriff's Dept. (Everybody has acre plus lots here.) I'm watching the neighbor with the putting green lawn for my cue to start watering. Worst news is that SWMBO is beginning to talk about painting.

drinks
03-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Soil temp. is above 75', tomatoes, peppers and corn are in, squash as soon as it dries out a bit, got 1" of rain today, okra within 2 weeks.
Still eating lettuce and radishes, our garlic and multiplying onions are going full speed, first batch of swiss chard was in the pot last week, red buds and wild plums are in full bloom, dogwood follows soon, Magnolias are fully open and the figs are leafing out.
Very shortly, I shall be whining about the heat, already passed 85'.

corvette8n
03-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Although it was forties I am still looking at a foot of snow on the pool and ground.

Dale53
03-14-2007, 02:06 AM
It was 76 degrees here today. Sun was shining and I already "waxed enthusiastic" about my day at the range.

Took the wife out to dinner, ahem! We grabbed a KFC dinner at the carry out, went to the local lake (800 plus acres of water) and had a picnic. The lake is half thawed. Really weird looking at the geese and gulls walking around on the frozen parts of the lake and I was "suffering" from a long sleeved shirt (too warmly dressed).

It was a nice supper, by the way:mrgreen:. It is really sweet to be married to a woman (50 year anniversary next year) that is so low maintenance that she can truly enjoy an evening meal from KFC alongside a lake in a near deserted park. Of course, we DID enjoy a glass of nice "bubbly" (diet Coke[smilie=1:).

Hey, after all, it was the company that was important...

Dale53