PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth?

Phrogman
01-26-2012, 11:02 PM
I've been given a muzzle load rifle that appears to have been fired very little. Has the original box, Austin and Hollack 50 cal mountain rifle, has very nice tiger maple stock, Oct barrel, 1/66 twist, two triggers, side hammer. Can't seem to find any info on this piece. Is it a custom or a production? I have learned that the company is no longer in business. Gun has no sign of wear.

waksupi
01-27-2012, 12:22 AM
That is a production rifle. Your accuracy load with ball should be between 65-90 gr. 3F.

Welcome aboard!

starmac
01-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Basically not worth anything, factory preloaded ammo is no longer available.
You should just send it to me for disposal. lol

Never owned or even shot one, but have heard good things about them, enjoy it.

pietro
01-31-2012, 08:33 PM
They're excellent rifles for the $$$$$ - I've had two rocklocks, one in 1:28 twist, the other in 1:66, and both were shooters with the right boolits & Holy Black.

The A&H's were production guns, made in Utah with barrels obtained from Spain, and fancy quilted Maple stocks & browned bbl/furniture - beautiful !

Several years after the company closed their doors, Traditions bought all the warehoused parts & assembled guns stamped with their name, selling them for $300 - well below the $600 MSRP they formerly had.

Non "Tradiditions" A&H Mountain Rifles usually change hands in the $400-$500 range, in excellent condition.

tenx
04-21-2012, 04:18 AM
I'v debated and argued over and over what a gun was worth, blue book or whatever but bottom line a gun is worth what you can get out of it. Most of us don't like to hear that but it's the truth.