PDA

View Full Version : Again, RCBS come through

beagle
01-25-2012, 09:58 PM
I was needing some parts for a obsolete piece of loading equipment and I had the part numbers so I called on the RCBS Customer Service people for help and amazingly they had the parts on hand. Since this was not their fault and the parts were missing when I got the equipment, I insisted on paying for the parts and the Customer Service rep said, "Not today you aren't."

That's why most of my stuff is RCBS green.

Again, RCBS....well done and thank you./beagle

cheese1566
01-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Me too!

When I needed parts for my AmmoMaster, they didn't have a small primer carrier on hand as some little parts were waiting to be machined. He told me to wait and he went to look in some used parts bins. He found a used one that had some flash rust on it. I said that was perfectly fine. It arrived with the other parts in a couple days, cleaned up nice and worked perfect.

A few weeks later, a brand new small primer carrier arrived to me without notice!

eniku40
01-27-2012, 02:05 AM
Luck of the draw I guess... I got referred to the website to purchase a large Primer tube for the Bench priming tool when all I need is the plastic bushing (that was missing when I bought the entire thing used for $27). $15 for a small piece of plastic... Maybe I'll relegate the bench primer to small primers only and get the new Lee Ergo Prime for $30 instead...

jimkim
01-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Luck of the draw I guess... I got referred to the website to purchase a large Primer tube for the Bench priming tool when all I need is the plastic bushing (that was missing when I bought the entire thing used for $27). $15 for a small piece of plastic... Maybe I'll relegate the bench primer to small primers only and get the new Lee Ergo Prime for $30 instead...

I've got a feeling they are about to crack down on the practice of sending free parts out to just any old body. http://www.rcbs.com/general/warranty/

Daddyfixit
01-27-2012, 03:39 AM
"Send a dated proof of purchase to Oroville Operations along with the product information and reason for return to:

Ammunition Accessories Inc., Oroville Operations
605 Oro Dam Blvd
Oroville, California 95965

Warranty services cannot be provided without meeting the above requirements."

Mmmm well ....let me think...
I bought my Rockchucker, 505 scale, uniflow, dies ect at Warshalls Sporting Goods in Seattle
40 years ago........I wonder where I put my papers???

Rhoa4396
01-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Mmmm well ....let me think...
I bought my Rockchucker, 505 scale, uniflow, dies ect at Warshalls Sporting Goods in Seattle
40 years ago........I wonder where I put my papers???

I was thinking pretty much the same thing... I bought my first RCBS press in 1978 as a kit from RCBS. I guess that pretty much means there is no more warranty anymore since they've now changed the game 34 years 'after' they made the promise.

That's OK[I guess] I prefer my Forster press anyway.

Ken
======

ErikO
01-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Not a press but still RCBS.

Had a case stuck in a FL .223 die, wrecked the spindle trying to tap the brass out. RCBS is sending me a replacement and I should ahve it next week. $0 to me. I honestly don't know why shops stock those spindles, just contact the mothership if you've got a problem. :)

ph4570
01-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Folks have radically different warranty experiences with the same company. Perhaps it is a function of who answers the phone when one calls, phase of the moon or?

Wayne Smith
01-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Folks have radically different warranty experiences with the same company. Perhaps it is a function of who answers the phone when one calls, phase of the moon or?

No, one went to the website to order something, the others called for warranty information or to get a part. When you order on the website you put in an order, there is no one to monitor it for warranty issues.

scrapcan
01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
ph4570,

It could also be the other end of the phone that sets the tone of the cal and response from the CS rep. Always keep in mind either end can steer the course of the vessel.

utk
01-27-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm dissappointed with current RCBS service. I needed some O-rings and lock rings etc for a used LAM2 I traded from a friend. Nothing expensive or heavy, a couple of ounces maximum.

RCBS came back quoting $20.51 for parts and $16.51 for shipping (to Sweden)

Sent a mail to their Service Manager some ten days ago, questioning their pricing, but she has not responded yet.

Edit: They finally came back and excused themselves, the long wait was because the person had left the company. Their "new" price was $20 including shipping since I was not the original customer. This new policy is partly because many bought stuff from eBay etc and asked for free parts to refurbish their "finds" and RCBS could no longer ship out parts free of charge.

So, I pay $20 for some small parts. And if our customs finds the package I will have to pay another $5 in taxes and $15 in handling fees.
Sorry, no more RCBS for me.

snglstack
01-27-2012, 01:12 PM
I have ALWAYS had the best experiences w/RCBS customer service. No complaints at all...used to live nearby and drop in now and then...what a store!!!

Daddyfixit
01-27-2012, 02:27 PM
ph4570,

it could also be the other end of the phone that sets the tone of the cal and response from the cs rep. Always keep in mind either end can steer the course of the vessel.

bingo!

ErikO
01-27-2012, 04:59 PM
I didn't call, used email but it did go to the support line. :)

Service tends to be better from support guys than from sales guys and that doesn't really change much from company to company.

kappy
01-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Heh... I've got it made in the shade. RCBS is about a 45 minute drive north for me. They're even nicer in person. A buddy of mine drove up because he had a problem with his press. According to him, they tore it down and rebuilt it completely except for the powder coat. For free.

They also gave me the primer catching cup for my press which was probably new back in the 1960s.

And fixed a die which had the hex screw stripped.

And pulled a stuck case out for a friend.

I could go on... but I just haven't had any other problems with their stuff.

40Super
01-28-2012, 04:54 AM
I'd say 90% of the "issues" with warantee are started in the first sentence or two from the caller,the other 10% are just b.s. statements made up to make a company look bad because they like another brand.

troyboy
01-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Their customer service is a standard by which all others are judged. YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.

Catshooter
01-28-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd say 90% of the "issues" with warantee are started in the first sentence or two from the caller,the other 10% are just b.s. statements made up to make a company look bad because they like another brand.

Or they work for another brand. :groner:

Cat

o6Patient
12-30-2012, 08:12 AM
One of the reasons I've always liked big green ; is that I've had no need for their customer service.

Wal'
12-30-2012, 10:01 AM
I can't fault them, even down here in Oz, bought a new RC Supreme here from the local seller & a month after it arrived I realized the large primer assembly was missing.

Emailed RCBS USA & they sent me another free of cost to Australia including a spare primer arm I asked for as an extra.

Can't beat that for service now can you. :bigsmyl2:

375supermag
12-30-2012, 10:40 AM
I have used almost exclusively RCBS equipment for over 30 years and they have always been very good about sending me whatever parts I need without charge when I call their customer service line.

This includes things like the plastic bushings for the APS priming system and loading strips. They just won't take my money.

I have never needed any repairs to any of the presses, case prep equipment or dies I have bought from them. I have used them pretty much continuously and they just don't break.

I am a very satisfied RCBS customer and whenever I need a new tool or item for reloading, I always look to RCBS first.

Rhoa4396
12-31-2012, 01:41 AM
I have to admitt, the one time I really needed them, they came thru for me. I broke my powder scale. It was my fault when I let something standing up on end on my bench fall over on the scale and broke the beam. RCBS replaced it no charge even after I told them it was my fault. I'm not real happy about their new policy on a press I have, but stated policy and what is done are not always the same thing. Except for the price (everything good is expensive today) I'm interested in their progressive. It will probably be my next press purchase.

Ken R
=====

r1kk1
12-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Their progressive is the only non aluminum press available. I noticed that looking at the LNL and Dillons. RCBS can be had auto or manual index. Interesting.

Take care

r1kk1