PDA

View Full Version : cabelas mosin nagants

legend
01-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi, i bought a 91/30 at cabelas 99 dollar sale the other day,they were nice but firm about not showing me more than a couple.... must be more profit selling a plastic piece of junk for the same salespersons time behind the counter...

ouch!! i fell off my soapbox.

i was wondering if anyone who bought a mosin at this sale got anything but a 91/30.my box was marked with serial number and 91/30 also.

if i had known the boxes were marked on the end flap i would have asked for a different one as i already owned a 91/30,i am not crabbing just asking what YOU got.

thank you.

pincherpartner
01-26-2012, 12:44 AM
I thought they were all 91/30s. A friend got one at the last sale. Actually, he got 4, one for each kid and one for himself. He showed us his. It was in great shape with all the accessories as well. He said they wouldn't let him pick, they would just go in the back and it was the luck of the draw.

At our Cabela's I have a hard time getting them to show me anything that's on the racks behind the counter let alone something in the back.

Guess that's a good sign that the gun department is busy though.

DCM
01-26-2012, 02:02 AM
At our Cabela's I have a hard time getting them to show me anything that's on the racks behind the counter let alone something in the back.

Funny you mention that. I usually have the same problem, BUT one day I stopped there dressed in a full suit instead of my work clothes. I was amazed at how much better service I got!! I apparently looked like I had a lot more money to spend that day or something!

01-26-2012, 11:16 AM
What other model(s) were you expecting?

KCSO
01-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Right now what is mostly available from the distributors are 91-30's in either hex or round. Sometimes 44's or 38's show up at a higher price. Dunham's here has a big rack of 91-30 and nothing else.

Now as to Cabela's not SHOWING the guns, I had a customer the other day who wanted me to open every box of Mosin's so he coould take his pick and then he wanted me to give him a discoount to boot. No I am not running back to the stock room to bring you out boxes and then re box the gun when you don't like that one either. I have 5 on display, pick one.

LUCKYDAWG13
01-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Right now what is mostly available from the distributors are 91-30's in either hex or round. Sometimes 44's or 38's show up at a higher price. Dunham's here has a big rack of 91-30 and nothing else.

Now as to Cabela's not SHOWING the guns, I had a customer the other day who wanted me to open every box of Mosin's so he coould take his pick and then he wanted me to give him a discoount to boot. No I am not running back to the stock room to bring you out boxes and then re box the gun when you don't like that one either. I have 5 on display, pick one.

not to flame you butt you get paid by the hour right i like to have my pick to
now no i would not ask to see all of them all but i would like to see a few from
in back and have my pick

legend
01-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks to all who answered.

KCSO; i understand you probably have pain customers,i have seen several who were unreasonable in gunshops over the years.

However,i dont like being told that i cant choose from several,and i was told i could see two....does that sound reasonable to you? Its not. and since its my money that i worked hard for i don't think its unreasonable to expect the salesman work hard for his and sell me the one I want.

I believe a lot of people feel this way.

thank you.

01-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Though never an owner, I spent over 30-years in retail sales -- half of them commissioned -- and understand that the customer thinks he's always right, but the business has rights, too. I'm with KCSO, on this, except telling a customer there's more in the store room. It's his store, he sets the rules. If you don't like them, there may be another business that may (or may not) agree to do business your way. I had many customers leave, telling me that didn't like the store's sales policies and that they were going to buy elsewhere. Invariably, they returned and bought from me. Why? Because their demands were so outlandish that other stores wouldn't sell to them, and we had the better product at a better value. Respect is due both the buyer and seller.

That said, I'm a buyer, too, and there are businesses -- local, national, and multi-national -- that I boycott because their values don't match mine, or due to a bad shopping experience.

legend
01-27-2012, 09:35 PM
462, thanks for your input on this.

One fella said the cabelas he went to had five on the rack,i would have liked to look at that many before choosing.

i understand its a real low dollar sale,and that they dont make much on my semi-yearly sale.i just would like the option.
thanks for your input.

01-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Legend,
Yes, being able to handpick a gun, while being desireable is not always reality. While in the process of buying my second K-31 (Big-5 Sporting Goods) I asked the clerk if there were more from which to choose. He said no. I took him at his word and bought the one that was on display. It's a shooter. Looks ain't everything.

Enjoy your new rifle.