PDA

View Full Version : Deer stand for lease

Freightman
01-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Got this in my email, man says his heart will not stand the deer stand anymore, will lease cheap.

starmac
01-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Some folks would say that is some good eating, never tried it myself.

slim1836
01-24-2012, 04:14 PM
He ought to get into making headbands.

Slim

oneokie
01-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Or belts.

lbaize3
01-24-2012, 04:38 PM
I have made several holsters and knife sheaths covered in rattlesnake skin...

leadman
01-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Would make me want to drive an atv right to the ladder for the stand. Shoot a deer, drive to it, hook on a rope and drag it to the road.
Could give some extra shooting when deer season is closed. Sit up there and shoot them with a 17HMR.

Breadman03
01-24-2012, 05:29 PM
10 of them! I stepped on one on Camp Pendleton. I was riding my mountain bike, but ran out of path. I picked up my bike and started walking over to another trail. All of a sudden, I was in reverse and swinging my bike between me and a rattler. He ended up getting the back tire, but I had Kevlar tires and tubes and his teeth didn't make it through.

It took me about 10 minutes to get back to a normal heart rate.

Crawdaddy
01-24-2012, 06:44 PM
I dont know what your friend is worried about. they only take small bites.

I hope this isnt from the Amarillo area. This is my first year on a lease a little south of there. I dont want to be stepping on these critters.

blademasterii
01-24-2012, 06:48 PM
One or two more and he could make a nice jacket.

starmac
01-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Doesn't the big texan still pay good money for live ones. That would be a days wages there. lol

Jeffrey
01-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Skin, gut, fry in beer batter. If you like reptile (frog legs), a taste worth trying for a second time. NOM NOM!

starmac
01-25-2012, 12:15 AM
I love frog legs, and always intended to try rattlesnake, I was just never caught one when anyone was around that knew what they were doing, and was about half afraid to just clean and cook one.

Bullet Caster
01-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Now that's some fine specimens. Makes me hungry just looking at 'em. I love rattlesnake and have eaten it on several occasions as well as frog legs. Can't decide which I like better, the frogs or rattlesnake. When I was in the Philipines I had some monkey on a stick that was YUMM too. BC

Uncle R.
01-25-2012, 12:49 AM
I've had frog's legs battered & fried like fish. They were mighty tasty. Does rattlesnake really taste similar or are you guys just funnin' with the rubes?
<
Here in Wisconsin rattlesnakes are kinda uncommon and that's just fine with me. They give me the heebie jeebies anyway and I don't know if I could manage to skin one while my own skin was crawlin' so much just from touchin' one. Dead, headless - it doesn't help. They still make me shudder.
<Shudder>
See?
<GRIN>
Uncle R.

Lloyd Smale
01-25-2012, 06:17 AM
you want to see this guy run like a little girl in a pink dress!!!! Id rather face 10 armed men with a 25acp!!

Isaac
01-25-2012, 06:48 AM
you want to see this guy run like a little girl in a pink dress!!!! Id rather face 10 armed men with a 25acp!!

Your not alone! I would be right beside you in another pink dress.

Isaac

bruce drake
01-25-2012, 10:08 AM
I have a simple rule when I am out in the woods. I leave them alone when I see them and I expect them to leave me alone but if they come into the yard, they get the shotgun.

And yes, I get the heebee jeebees even when I have to move them with a shovel afterwards.

Bruce

mroliver77
01-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Your not alone! I would be right beside you in another pink dress.

Isaac

If I were there you guys would be eatin my dust! I hate snakes!
J

7br
01-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Last year, I was thinning brush across the creek from my father's farmstead. I ran out of gas for the chainsaw and decided to jump the creek. When I landed, I noticed a 2 ft long brown water snake about 6 inches from my boot. I mysteriously elevated and landed about 5 feet to the right of where I originally landed. I immediately noticed the second water snake and the same mysterious force that elevated me the first time, catapulted me about 10 feet forward. By the time my pinball impression was over, my heart rate was in the mid triple digits. Evidently, my nephew had already killed them, but just left them lay where some constipated old feller might need to have his bowels loosened.

Freightman
01-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Most I ever killed was a Wellington, TX, down on the Salt Fork of the Red when I was about 17, we moved a herd of cattle about three miles and killed 14 rattlers on the way. That country is full of gyp sinks and rattlers, deer, and hogs. Have to put up with some to get the others.

starmac
01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
I had a half chow dog that was pure death to rattle snakes, and pure delight to watch him get one. That old dog stayed right with my kids anytime they were traipsing around on an adventure, so I never had to worry about them getting snakebit.
I always enjoyed watching a fight between a roadrunner and snake too, only seen it three times, but it will make you stop what you are doing and watch.
I probably killed more building fence in eastern NM than anywhere else, but the biggest ones I was ever around was on the trinity river, down by madisonville Tx.