PDA

View Full Version : Radom pistol

twotoescharlie
03-10-2007, 03:40 PM
just purchased a mdl 35 polish Radom pistol (9mm) it has german proof marks ( Eagle over the number 77) in several places. it is in good to very good condition, but numbers do not match. I gave $100.00 for it. Did I do OK or did I get taken?

ttc

Murphy
03-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Twotoescharlie,

You did better than 'Okay'. A year or so back, a friend asked me to sell an old Radom for her, her father back from the War.

I knew nothing about Radoms at that time, and began researching them. Depending on which variant (there are 3 variants), and the over all condition of the gun, you're sitting on a gun that is anywhere between $300 and up, and I mean UP. These old guns are now collector items among those who are endeared to them for whatever reasons.

Did it come with a holster? If it did, and it's an original holster...I've seen those alone sell for over $150.

Do some online searches and see what you've came into. By the way, you will need to search for it several ways. It was also called the P35 Radom and several other names that I can't recall at this moment.

Murphy

P.S. I put the one I sold on Gunbroker.com with a *Buy Now* of $550.00, it lasted less than 24 hours. It did have an original holster with it.

9.3X62AL
03-10-2007, 10:29 PM
The Radom pistol is often given a model name of "VIS", Latin for "strong". They damn sure are. If someone wanted to get exploratory with the 9mm caliber, the Radom is the platform to do it in. They are INCREDIBLY robust.

Based on some shade tree research I did with a couple Radoms a buddy from Cal-DOJ came up with that were tagged for destruction........we couldn't get enough Bullseye compressed into a case behind 125 grain Speer soft points to bend or break them. Velocities were running well past 1500 FPS when we gave up--after 200 rounds of this abuse. Just as well--the bullets were starting to deform under compression from the seating stem. You only THINK Ruger builds a strong handgun.

NuJudge
03-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Great pistols.

The best ones were made by the Poles.

Next best are ones made from Polish parts right after the Germans took over.

Even the ones made at the end of the war are strong, durable, and point really well.

CDD