PDA

View Full Version : 1891 follower spring tension question

adrians
01-24-2012, 08:28 AM
morning,
i was playing with my "new to me" arg 91 and found when i fill the magazine to capacity and cycle the action the last round won't feed, the bolt just rides right over it.
so with my limited experience of these fine mausers i'm quessing the follower springs (there are two right?) one shorter than the other have weakened over time.
a buddy put me onto liberty tree and they have the set for $20, i can deal with that price but is there a way to "re-tension" the spings without buying newer ones,,, just curious.
thanks all and have a great day.....:evil::coffeecom:twisted:

Bambeno
01-24-2012, 12:47 PM
If you stretch the springs it might work for awhile but they will compress back to their current set point soon, best to get new ones.

KCSO
01-24-2012, 03:09 PM
No buy the new ones. When you stretch the springs they won't last any time at all.

adrians
01-24-2012, 07:53 PM
o'k then i'll spring for new springs ,pardon the pun.
for 20 bucks it's a cheapish and easy fix,, thanks fella's.
:twisted::drinks::twisted:

leadman
01-25-2012, 03:33 AM
Might want to check with Gun parts Corp. IIRC they were selling a replacement that was a different style than the original and was reported to last longer.

adrians
01-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Might want to check with Gun parts Corp. IIRC they were selling a replacement that was a different style than the original and was reported to last longer.

thanks leadman,
there's another site i didn't check:-(.
i'll take a gander at them tonight. :twisted::bigsmyl2::evil: