PDA

View Full Version : LLA on a TC?

BulletFactory
01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Will Lee Liquid Alox work on a Lee 180gr TC boolit, or do I have to pan lube this type of round?

runfiverun
01-23-2012, 08:51 PM
it'll work as well as it works on anything else.

BulletFactory
01-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks. I've only tried it a couple times, but there was too much else wrong to get a result.

Chihuahua Floyd
01-23-2012, 09:39 PM
LLA is all I have ever used on one of my cast bullets.
CF

Dman4321
01-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Love it! I pan lubed when i started casting, but after someone hinted that LLA was worth a try, i was instantly hooked! I admit that i still pan lube occasionally, but only when i'm loading up some super fast rounds, but since most of what I utilize is under 2,000fps, it's not a common occurence anymore. I notice that many like the Blended LLA/Paste wax/mineral spirits, but i personally just use it straight out of the bottle, and since i use so little, I have only used two bottles in the last year, and since i dont have much expendable income, buying a bottle of LLA sure beats buying all the ingredients(Beeswax is so expensive!) to make my lube recipe, it just works out well.

Hamish
01-24-2012, 12:17 AM
KISS Mellow Yellow:

1. Sit a can of Johnson's Paste Wax in a pan with enough water to almost float it and put it on *low* long enough to turn it liquid.

2. Squirt in one bottle of LLA and stir it till homogenous.

3. Shoot 'em up to about 2200fps.

No cooking, no fire, no stink.

Madsenshooter has been mixing LLA and Marvel's Mystery Oil up to, IIRC, close to 2500fps.

Boolit fit to bore trumps all other variables