PDA

View Full Version : RIP to a dear friend

gew98
01-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Had a rather sad weekend. A fellow I have known for 15 + years passed away this past saturday afternoon. Donald (Bubba) Ledford was 58 yrs old and retired US Army ( 20 + yrs - he retired in 1991 ) . I saw him every couple of days regular like clockwork as he's only 7 miles from my door. We hunted/fished/drank together and through him my son got his first turkey's last year. Saturday afternoon he got a round of beers , sat down and said " I feel dizzy" and expired...that quick.
His oldest brother retied a Sgt Maj and passed several years ago, and his next oldest brother was KIA in vietnam ( USMC ) in 1968.
His passing leaves a big hole in me and my sons life.... our life. Men like that are few and far between. He befriended a young soldier stationed at Fort Knox in 3/1 infantry. Our friend came home just several weeks ago from A'stan and he too thought the world of bubba.The kid got a deer in my back yard and me and bubba taught him how to skin & process it last year. Lots of teary eyes and memories have us all choked up.
RIP Donald Ledford , US Army Retired ....we hardly knew ye !.

Dean D.
01-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Gew98, I'm sorry to hear of your good friends passing. Bubba sounded like one heck of a good guy, I'm sure he will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and all of Bubba's friends and family.

Jal5
01-23-2012, 04:21 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. He sounds like he was a good man, taken too soon and will be missed. Our prayers go out to you and the family. Joe