PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Trim Pro ?

blaser.306
01-22-2012, 08:45 PM
What kind of life span can reasonably be expected from the steel cutter blade on a case trimmer ? Bit of history , I received a new trim pro for X-mas and have managed to "cut down" 60 30/30 brass for 30 Herrett . Only one of the 4 blades seems to cut a curl , it now appears that the brass does not get cut cleanly and the outer(skin) of the brass is getting rolled back onto the remaining neck. Any and all input is appreciated .

cheese1566
01-22-2012, 11:51 PM
I got one last year, actually a "second" from RCBS. The blade on mine did 200 .223 pieces and about 100 30-06. Still going good.

RCBS now has a carbide cutter for it. I have one, but will put it on when my stell cutter gives up trying.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Unless you're skilled enough to sharpen the steel cutter, the carbide cutters are your best best.

DukeInFlorida
01-24-2012, 09:26 AM
If you REALLY want a good cutter for your RCBS Pro Trim, get one of these:

http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/instructions/Three_WayReplacementCarbideCutter.pdf

It's carbide, and does the chamferring/deburring at the same time.

largom
01-24-2012, 09:48 AM
I have had mine for about 5 years. Many thousands of cases trimmed and still has original cutter. You should call RCBS and ask for a new cutter.

Larry

blaser.306
01-24-2012, 08:35 PM
I have had mine for about 5 years. Many thousands of cases trimmed and still has original cutter. You should call RCBS and ask for a new cutter.

Larry

This is precisely what I did ! I called and talked to customer service yesterday on my lunch break and explained the trouble . The nice gentleman on the other end of the line said that there must have been a problem , and that he was going to send me a replacement cutter . I cannot say that I have ever had anything but good luck and service from RCBS. :-D