PDA

View Full Version : Remembering my brother

Jal5
01-22-2012, 12:14 AM
My brother Larry died a week ago today. My kid brother age 57. He had cancer and lived with it for 4 years, never a complaint. Just took each day and lived his life as he always did with a smile and a good word for everyone. The funeral was full at the wake and overflowing into the street, we estimated over 350 visitors in the evening and the afternoon was pretty full too. The nicest thing was the coworkers who came out in van loads to express their condolences. Time after time people mentioned that he always had a smile and a word for them...we never know the impact we will make on people. Larry wasn't into shooting or hunting but we fished and enjoyed boating together whenever we could visit as we lived in different states. I lost a brother and a good friend. R.I.P. brother.

Joe

waksupi
01-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Sorry to hear the news. Loosing a brother is loosing a part of yourself.

Dean D.
01-22-2012, 02:00 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Joe. My thoughts and prayers to out to you, your family and Larry's friends. It sounds like he will be missed deeply.

WILCO
01-22-2012, 07:21 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Joe. My thoughts and prayers to out to you, your family and Larry's friends. It sounds like he will be missed deeply.

Well said. Ditto for me.

Roger Ronas
01-22-2012, 09:10 AM
I feel your pain as I too have lost a brother, way to early.

Jal5
01-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Losing anyone early in life is painful. An elderly person has lived a full life more than likely so it is expected. Losing a younger brother, one you were supposed to take care of growing up is really doubly hard. He was a good example of living life each day and living it fully.
Thanks for the thoughts and kind words!

P.K.
01-26-2012, 01:43 AM
Fair Skies Larry.

Sonnypie
01-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Sounds like a lot of lives felt his warmth.

I bet he is a greeter at the Pearly Gates... ;)

Jal5
01-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks Sonny. I like to think of him meeting St. Peter who hands him a set of keys to a new power boat and dock- he is boating in fair weather every day, drinking our favorite Scotch and saving me a seat. Joe

Pigslayer
01-26-2012, 07:40 PM
I understand your loss . . . I really do. I lost my big brother a while back. He too died of cancer. I always looked up to him. I always tried to emulate him. He lived in the Florida Keys most of his life and all his friends called him "Key West Joe". I really miss him. I have to stop now.

Jal5
01-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Pigslayer- you do understand it. I told friends today that I have no words to express it. Its like a part of my body is missing somehow.