PDA

View Full Version : Slooooow shipping!!

buck1
01-21-2012, 09:13 PM
I made a order with Wideners of in stock reloading goodies on the 8th sunday,(no powder or primers).
I have been checking the mail daily to find no package. Now I got a shipping notification that ups was notified of the pick up on the 19th!
And even worse I selected priorty mail for shipping. I am going to stay with midsouth for now on.
Just a heads up, if you need anything in a reasonable amt of time Wideners may not be your first choice.

edsmith
01-21-2012, 09:19 PM
I am suprised you found some items in stock, I never have.

Ickisrulz
01-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Grafs....

smoked turkey
01-21-2012, 10:36 PM
I have also noticed a drastic slow down in shipping when using USPS. I think some of this might be result of the problems and so called solutions proposed to help shore up the postal service for a little longer. Postal workers might be causing some delays in shipments in order to "show someone" what is to come. I have seen workers in the electrical trade do something similiar when things didn't go their way.

DCM
01-21-2012, 10:55 PM
I haven't ordered anything from Wiedners in years due to terrible customer service and lack of products in stock. Which I would bet is the real problem you are having and I am not a gambling man.

I had some issues with Midsouth years ago with some products not being in stock or actually available. I notice that they actually tell you if stuff is in stock now though.

As for USPS I have not had issues as long as I do not use my LOCAL post office and go to the neighboring communities branch office. My local branch office has been bad for years I constantly get other peoples mail, if I send out something from my branch it is very slow to get there. No problems from the other branch and the people are much nicer too!

jpatm2
01-21-2012, 10:59 PM
I have also noticed a drastic slow down in shipping when using USPS. I think some of this might be result of the problems and so called solutions proposed to help shore up the postal service for a little longer. Postal workers might be causing some delays in shipments in order to "show someone" what is to come. I have seen workers in the electrical trade do something similiar when things didn't go their way.

According to the OP, it was shipped UPS and was sitting around for 11 days at the company before being scheduled for pickup. The USPS bashing thread is a different one than this one. This one is for Wiedners.

cdet69
01-21-2012, 11:18 PM
I use Grafs a lot.

odfairfaxsub
01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
wideners was very very slow and didnt give me my 500 dies

buck1
01-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Well my pkg was delivered today!
Not to the address thats on my order but to a very old one that had been changed in their system for a wile.
So I went with my hat in hand and they gave me my sealed package.
I get it home and half my order was not included in the sealed box. The invoice said it was , but no bullets to break in my hog leg.
I cant do any more business with them...

midnight
01-26-2012, 12:16 AM
I have never had any trouble with Midsouth but I have has Burris signature Zee rings backordered since 11-30-11. At the time The online store said they had them in stock when everyone else I checked was out or stock. Is Burris in trouble? I have a rifle in 35 Whelan and I run out of windage on the scope and it still shoots 4in right. You can get 5,10,or20 minute correction using offset inserts in the Signature Zee rings so I really want them. I'm just worried that Burris may be having problems. I hope not. If anyone knows the status of Burris, chime in.

Bob

buck1
01-26-2012, 12:40 AM
I assume (guess) that they make a lot at one time. When they run out it may take a wile to get the next run finished. It sounds good anyway.

garym1a2
01-26-2012, 07:24 AM
I never had these kind of problems with Midway and USPS. Whenver I got a defective product fro Midway the customer service and return policy was great.

3006guns
01-26-2012, 07:37 AM
I recall reading somewhere that it took a letter an average of two weeks to get across Peking, China.

I wish our mail service was that good............

Naahhh.........I'm kidding. I do wish they'd do something about the lost/misdirected/damaged package issues though.

Bill*
01-26-2012, 02:28 PM
I have never had any trouble with Midsouth but I have has Burris signature Zee rings backordered since 11-30-11. At the time The online store said they had them in stock when everyone else I checked was out or stock. Is Burris in trouble? I have a rifle in 35 Whelan and I run out of windage on the scope and it still shoots 4in right. You can get 5,10,or20 minute correction using offset inserts in the Signature Zee rings so I really want them. I'm just worried that Burris may be having problems. I hope not. If anyone knows the status of Burris, chime in.

Bob

Bob: I recently installed a set that was right on with the"zero" inserts. The package also had a set of 10 minute correction inserts which I dont need. They are 30mm (not 1 inch). If you can use them, let me know and they're yours.

I just reread and think you're looking for the rings too......Sorry