PDA

View Full Version : My uncle, long gone but not forgoten

blademasterii
01-21-2012, 08:07 PM
I recently dug out all my equipment and built a new bench to start reloading again. In all the excitement to get started, with gathering components and building the bench. I didn't stop to remember where it all came from. I just set it up and started de-primeing and sizing .38 brass when it hit me. My uncle gave all of it to me a year or so before he passed. He was 50. I had been talking to him regularly and he had been coaching me through some computer stuff as well as talking about the reloading stuff. I was in highschool. He was in the military and was buried with full honors and a 21 gun salute. As a man i'm not afraid to admit that I've been sitting here crying thinking about him and what he meant to me. Cherish the time you have with the ones you love. You don't have to tell someone you love them but at least let them know what they mean to you once in a while. I don't have many friends and I don't claim a lot of my family, but he was one of the best. People may pass, but their memories will and should live on. If someone you care about moves on remember them when you use the things they may have given you. If you decide to pass on something they gave, be sure and pass on who gave it to you and why. May his memory live on in me. If I ever decide to pass down or pass on what he gave me you can be sure that I will pass on the memory of the man who took the time for me. Thank you Uncle Windle. I remember.

Roger Ronas
01-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm sitting here crying and smiling at the same time because I remember the ones I've lost.
Thank You
Roger

P.K.
01-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Fair Skies "Uncle Windle."