PDA

View Full Version : Langhorne Rod and Gun Club - sponsorship to join needed

30calshooter
01-21-2012, 09:10 AM
I have recently moved into the area and need a place to shoot. The Langhorne Rod and Gun Club (in PA) is about 10 minute drive from where I live. I'd like to join the club but in talking to the membership committee chair, I need to be sponsored by a member of the club who is in good standing for 3 years minimum. Is anyone here a member of this club and would be willing to sponsor me. I am a long time member of Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol club, but do not wish to maintain that membership as it's now 50-60 minute ride, and I would like to join a club closer to where I live.

zomby woof
01-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Our Club has the same policy. I see lots of new members fret about this. I would suggest going to a club event and meet some people, tell them about yourself. I think you'll find it's just a formality. I've sponsored several people that I've just met.

stubert
01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Our club is the same, Go there on a Sat. when there are the most people there and get to know them, Buy a round if they have a bar. Most clubs in my area (NY) are looking to fill their membership rolls.