PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a lee auto disk upgrade kit

JBMauser
03-08-2007, 10:13 PM
I ordered the kit and it came in with the same spring and arm that was on the old model that came with the disks. The new kit was supposed to come in with a T arm with holes in it to hook the pull chain (included) to and it positively returns the disk or adjustable bar to the hopper for refilling. I called lee and they mailed me the proper arm. The kit came with a short 3/4 in. spring as well as anothe long spring with the hook ends as the original arm required. I can't find any way to attach a spring to this new arm. It works without any spring but I need to know if that is correct?? Why the little coil spring? Help... JB

mooman76
03-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Lee's directions have much to be desired. I ran into the same thing but gave up. I ended up figuring it was designed for an auto press but don't think that's the case now. Sorry I couldn't help but I'd like to know also.

IcerUSA
03-09-2007, 01:34 AM
I would give Lee's tech support a call, they should be able to fix you right up :drinks:

enfield
03-09-2007, 07:25 AM
the long spring with the hooked ends attaches in the small notch in the alluminum base and the other end in the notch in the pivot arm. ( I use the arm without the holes and pull chain as it is for progressive presses I think ) the spring is very stiff so don't let it bite ya.

DLCTEX
03-09-2007, 10:20 AM
I do not use a spring, and as you probably know the chain helps prevent double charging with a progressive(Loadmaster or Pro 1000) press by not resetting the measure until the bottom of the stroke. Just adjust the chain to pull the powder slide back all the way as the ram reaches the bottom of the travel.
DALE

Newtire
03-09-2007, 11:02 PM
I finally came up with this arrangement and it serves me fine.