PDA

View Full Version : .44 caliber "Avenging Angel" revolver

Sixgun Symphony
01-19-2012, 01:08 AM
I just got this in today! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01T91zr6vX8

This pocket revolver is a modified Colt percussion revolver (Italian copy) and it's named after the Mormon gunfighters that carried them in various conflicts of the 19th century.

NickSS
01-20-2012, 06:46 AM
Looks cool but it also looks like you need to take it apart to reload it probably with an accessory loader.

David LaPell
01-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Did you have that made or is there a way to get one that way? I know of a Colt .44 Army that I can get cheap that would be perfect for such a conversion.

tacklebury
01-22-2012, 12:56 AM
I'd think you could just carry a stubby ramrod and tap each down as the cylinder is turned. ;) Might have to tap down or use a rawhide hammer or something. hehe Pretty neat little piece though.

9.3X62AL
01-22-2012, 10:08 AM
From what I've read, the Colt cap & ball revos lacking a loading lever were often refilled by pushing the barrel wedge out--pulling off the barrel assembly--removing the cylinder--and using the cylinder arbor as the loading ram. I imagine folks relying on C&B revos for self-defense carried a second such handgun if follow-up work was anticipated. In the days of one-shot muzzle-loaders, the Colt C&Bs were likely viewed as hi-cap weaponry. Gotta recall the context of the times of usage.

Denver
01-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Orrr, Just get a cartridge conversion cylinder for it. :guntootsmiley: