PDA

View Full Version : The Origional Prank

x101airborne
01-18-2012, 11:41 AM
We all know that when hunters and shooting buddies get together, we like to jerk each other's chains and some of us have gotten pretty good at it. My wife LOVES April Fools Day. And she is actually pretty good at it.

For example, a couple years ago, my wife told me that she was having my truck detailed and waxed for my upcoming hunting trip to West Texas for Aoudad. She let me take her car to work at the Sheriff's Office and I released my truck to her. She calls me later that afternoon while I was talking to my Corporal to tell me that I have wierd tastes in air fresheners. What? I asked. Yeah, that air freshener can that has the picture of the deer on it in the door pocket. I really didn't like it but figured you must so I pushed the top down and closed the door. My mouth went dry, my stomach clenched, and my palms started to sweat. "Honey, that was a Buck Bomb!!!!!! Not an air freshener!!!!!" Now the next day, I was supposed to be in the truck with 3 others for 6 hours, so you can imagine my panic. After a brief silence while i nearly peed myself, she said "just kidding". Ohhhhh you are gonna get it.

Then a year or so later when she first started hunting with me, I gave her heck for wearing make-up. So the next day, she snuck into my shave kit and replaced my Speed Stick with a boar in heat stick that dad and I were trying for pigs. All was good and I just thought my jacket needed washing, or one of the dogs laid on it, or something like that. Well, the morning chill got over and I took off the jacket. OH MOTHER!!!!!! Hit me like a ton of bricks!! Man I stunk. I mean STANK!! That stuff would cover up the scent of sulfur! Dad would not let me in the cabin and made me shower under the hose and put my clothes in a bucket of detergent water to soak. I caught my wife gigglig with my mother and that is when I figured out the joke. Butt naked I stormed into the cabin and pulled out my shave kit. There next to the towels was my actual speed stick. I grabbed the stick out of my shave kit and yup, there was the smell. If the "Rule of Thumb" still applied, I would have her on the courthouse steps Monday morning at 0800. Npw for clarity, she actually had unscrewed the insides of the deodorant stick and replaced just the insides. Clever, clever girl.

So what pranks have you played? Or had played on you?

Hickory
01-18-2012, 12:10 PM
One time on a prairie dog hunting trip, I played a joke on my partner.
It was his turn to cook supper. He chose spaghetti for the meal. When he went to pour off the water, the steam burned his hands and everything went on the ground.
He gave me a sheepish look; I guess he thought I’d yell at him.
I said, “Well you cooked up two pounds of spaghetti, that’s enough for 5-6 people, just pick off the stuff on top. It’ll be good enough.

While I was washing dishes and Jerry was cleaning his rifle, I though a nice trick was in order. I snuck off and got a cow pie and put it under the spaghetti that was on the ground and went back to the dishes.

Later on, I suggested that it would be a good idea to get rid of the spaghetti so it would not draw varmints during the night.

When he saw the cow pie under the spaghetti, I noticed that he swallowed pretty hard a couple of times, like he was trying to keep everything down.

I never said anything to him and he never mentioned it to me.

mktacop
01-18-2012, 12:39 PM
One time a buddy and I were out hunting and I ended up killing a bobcat that presented itself. As I walked back to the jeep, I had the cat slung over my shoulder and was holding it by one paw right by the sling of my rifle. It was full dark by the time my buddy and I met up at the jeep and he asked what I’d shot at since he had heard me fire.

I lied and said it was a small buck but that I had missed. He laughed and turned to put his rifle in the jeep. As he did, I threw the bobcat at his feet and made my best imitation of what I thought a bobcat growl would sound like. He squealed like a schoolgirl and almost wet himself as that bobcat landed on one of his feet. He even tried to shoot it with an unloaded gun before he realized it was dead and that I could barely breathe I was laughing so hard. He sure was angry that I had gotten the better of him.

Not to be completely outdone, he got even with me a short time later. When we got home, I was looking at the cat in the light from our garage and wanted to see how big the claws were. As I took a paw in my hand and pressed on the pad to extend the claws, he grabbed me from behind and made a loud hissing noise in my ear. I jumped like I had been shot while he rolled on the ground in laughter.

Wayne Smith
01-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Soo.... What have you done to her??

x101airborne
01-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Soo.... What have you done to her??

[smilie=1:Nuuutthin[smilie=1:

rockrat
01-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Not hunting, but a long time ago, during Church Sunday School, the preacher left the room for a few minutes. He used one of the projectors that you lay down an acetate sheet and it projects it on the wall.

Well, I got up and proceeded to take out my knife and unscrew the glass on the projector and laid the acetate sheet under the glass, then re-install the glass and screw it down. Preacher came back and started talking again, all the while trying to move the acetate sheet. Finally he looked down at the projector and was trying to pull up the sheet and getting very frustrated at the time. When I couldn't help it any longer and started to laugh, he looked up and figured out I had done something (other teens were mortified) and to come up and fix what I had done. He had this stern look on his face, but I could tell he was laughing inside.

Ever have one of those spotlights that plugged into a cigarette lighter? Ever have a red lens that would fit over it? Ever stand in the yard talking to you best friend, at night, when the preacher drives by, speeding. FUN. Guess what his sermon was about the next day?

During the funeral service of my best friend (brother from different parents, you know), he referred to that night!! He forgot some of the details, but I haven't.

dk17hmr
01-18-2012, 01:35 PM
I bought a FoxPro call and had it shipped to the office I worked at, one of the nice remote callers. I put batteries in it in and hide it in the Secretary's desk while she was at lunch. When she got back and settled in to start her afternoon work I turned on the mouse squeal on as loud as it would go and we almost had to pry her off the ceiling.

starmac
01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Some of you will think this is funny, and some won't. I didn't do it, but I had an uncle that was more like a brother that did it and it eventually turned into two pranks in one.

There used to be a little bar that featured a sort of fashion show (A real skimpy one) every tuesday. Several of us that worked together would stop in for a drink (usually every tuesday) and the models would strut around the stage until someone bought the outfit, at which point they would remove the said outfit and hand it to them, then it was the next girls turn.
They ALWAYS kept the best looking girl until last, and she was a looker. My uncle happened to go to the restroom just as she was coming out of the dressing room, and just bought the outfit in the haulway. He came back in the bar laughing, because he had cheated the rest of us out of the show. Which was funny or so I thought, but several patrons got pretty mad over it. One of the ones that got chapped and wouldn't let it go, was the shop foreman for the company we worked for. We all had company pickups, with company radios in them, so my uncle had the baby doll night gown set gift wrapped and slipped it under the seat in his co pickup. About a month later the shop foreman needed to do some work on his wifes pickup and switched with her for the day, my uncle knew this and knew what time his wife would be on her way home from work. this was on a thursday and that was the night that the owner of the co and several of the big wigs stayed around after work to play dominoes.
My uncle calls in to the shop foreman and tells him that he had taken care of the package he had asked him too and it was under his seat, when he knew his wife was on his way home from work, the shop foreman asked him what he was talking about, and he just said you know, I took care of the deal we talked about yesterday. Well he dismissed it, and instead of his wife being on the way home, she and several of the office girls were standing around the pickup bsing, curiosity being what it is, she gets the package out and opens it in front of the other women, it wasn't good, as it was pretty obvious it would never fit her in this lifetime.
The shop foreman STAYED mad for an unhealthy length of time, and over the next year or so called my uncles wife and tried hard to get him in some kind of trouble. lol

JJC
01-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Caught a hunting buddy sitting down to have lunch in the woods. There was a serious cross wind I knew would cover me on my approach. I was within eight feet and the wind stopped and I was having a hard time not laughing. So I charged him growling. Scared the **** out of him and he went for his pistol then realized it was me. He has a bad right eye and that was the side I came up on.

Jim
01-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Scared the **** out of him.....

A fella I worked with in costruction went down to Hardee's or some such one day to grab some lunch. A guy that knew him walked quietly up behind him, stuck his finger in my friend's back and said "Don't move." Unbeknownst to the other guy, my friend had a degree in Marshall Arts. He reacted instinctively and the other guy got a broken jaw for his stupidity.
When the smoke settled, my friend was cleared of charges and responsibility of medical expenses. The judge told the guy he had no business doin' stupid stuff scarin' people.

x101airborne
01-18-2012, 04:15 PM
I had forgotten about this till now....

I used to have an addiction to semi-sweet chocolate chips. like in the cookies, but not baked. Whenever I hunted, I usually had about a cup full in a plastic baggie in my coat pocket. I could leave the bag in there open and when I wanted some, just slip my hand in and grab a few. Well, my dad had a buddy, i guess you would call it, from Houston who had never hunted a deer and wanted to pretty bad. Dad asked (told) me to take him to the stand and let him shoot a deer. OK, no problem. Evening hunt so it was a nice cool day and the sun felt good. Walking to the stand, I saw a set of doe tracks and some fresh deer poop. I identified it to him and while he was looking at the poop, I grabbed a small amount of chocolate chips. After he thoroughly inspected the little pellets, he asked how long ago that deer came by. I said "Dunno" and with the chocolate chips in my hand, raked the outside of my knuckles in the dirt next to the poop. I shuffled the chocolate chips quickly in my hand and popped em in my mouth with him watching. I smacked loudly as he stood there mouth agape, and said, "Bout three hours". He dry heaved right there. I told dad about it, but never told him.

Harter66
01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
The best 1 in our camp wasn't the corn flakes in the bottom of sleeping bag w/ the guy who seemed to ave spent 2 days walking on every dry leaf on the mountain. Our lead in guy was a part time guide and snake keeper/demonstraighter. He also had provided the corn flakes . It funny ,seems like 4 ft of garden hose holds 14* pretty good in the bottom of a 10 degree sleeping bag and feels a lot like a snake to a bare foot.

blademasterii
01-18-2012, 04:45 PM
I once put a very large fake spider under the handset of the secretaries phone. Didn't see it untill she answered the phone. Took her a min to answer.

starmac
01-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Anybody remember the sambo diners. They always kept the coffee cups upside down on the tables, a white rat under a cup causes the waitress to throw the coffee pot up to the ceiling, and it breaks when it comes back down.

stubshaft
01-18-2012, 06:37 PM
I used to do a very similar thing to what x101Airborne did. I used to guide goat hunts on the Island of Molokai and would pocket some Raisinettes. While tracking I would palm some and reach down for the "pellets", toss a couple of Raisinettes in my mouth and start to chew making sure that it drooled down my chin and declare that "we were close". The first time I took my nephew hunting I did the same thing and his eyes got as big as saucers.

waksupi
01-18-2012, 08:41 PM
I used to do a very similar thing to what x101Airborne did. I used to guide goat hunts on the Island of Molokai and would pocket some Raisinettes. While tracking I would palm some and reach down for the "pellets", toss a couple of Raisinettes in my mouth and start to chew making sure that it drooled down my chin and declare that "we were close". The first time I took my nephew hunting I did the same thing and his eyes got as big as saucers.

Ripe olives work the same for elk and moose.....

Bullwolf
01-18-2012, 09:57 PM
I have instigated, and fallen victim to quite a few practical jokes in my time. a few still stand out in my memory.

Nailing my room mates shoes to the floor, while he was in the shower, and the canned air horn wake up call to the same room mate.

Making what I hoped was a good imitation of the sound a trapped skunk would make, extra loud behind a friend during a tense moment who was looking for said skunk under the house, and scaring them half to death.

There was the dead skunk left in the back of a friends pickup one night too.

When I was a scout, the old can of beans in the campfire trick was an oldie but a goody.

If you have a friend who is a smoker, hours and hours of laughs and entertainment could be had from the old cigarette loads, that made cigarettes explode. It really helps if said friend has a good sense of humor though...

I had a relative who's father was trying to quit smoking. His son would put a set mouse trap in the drawer where his father kept his smokes stashed. Apparently he would fall for that one quite often too.

I'm sure there are many others, but those are all that come to mind right now.

Anybody remember the sambo diners. They always kept the coffee cups upside down on the tables, a white rat under a cup causes the waitress to throw the coffee pot up to the ceiling, and it breaks when it comes back down.

Wow I remember Sambo's. They were a restaurant chain a lot like Denny's, or the International House of Pancakes. I haven't thought about Sambo's in a long time now.

There is still a good bit of information about Sambo's on the web.

http://www.tommcmahon.net/images/sambosfull2.jpg

On June 17, 1957 the first of Sambo's nationwide chain of family restaurants was opened.

Today, the original Sambo's is the only one remaining in America.

The name derived from a combination of the original owners Sam Battistone and Newell Bonette who commonly were referred to as Sam and Bo. When they discovered the book "Little Black Sambo" written by Hellen Bartrum in 1899, they thought it was the perfect match.

There were story pictures of Little Black Sambo and a lion painted on the walls. I recall stuffed lion toys as well.

There was a neat little story that went along with the pictures. Little Black Sambo had removed a thorn from the lion’s foot and they became friends.

I had heard that the chain was closed down due to racial tensions.

An interesting story about it can be found here, titled Pancakes and Prejudice.
http://www.reallyneatstuffalaska.com/pancakes

- Bullwolf

x101airborne
01-18-2012, 10:19 PM
An interesting story about it can be found here, titled Pancakes and Prejudice.
http://www.reallyneatstuffalaska.com/pancakes

- Bullwolf

Shouldn't it be "Pancakes and Predijuice"?

starmac
01-18-2012, 10:23 PM
The one I used to go to was in clovis NM.

Flinchrock
01-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Some years ago I had to undergo some testing for various medical purposes,, one of which was a p test,,I smuggled a little apple juice in with me and put it in the cup, when I came out I held it up to the light and said "This don't look right, I think I'll run it through again" , tipped it up and drank it down.

The nurse almost fainted dead away...

Jeffrey
01-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Keith, Wade and I were going hunting. The night before we go, Wade was up partying. The three of us hit the woods late because Wade overslept. As we get about 100 yards into the woods, Wade says "you guys go on, my gut's rumbling". Well, Keith and I get about a couple of hundred yards further in when a buck jumps up in front of Keith. BAM! Keith hits it quartering away, drops it DRT. Keith and I grab the deer, drag it out, and come up to Wade, pants down, derrier hanging over a log, ASLEEP. We quietly gut the deer, placing the pile BEHIND Wade. After dragging the buck out to the truck, walking back in, we see Wade, white as a sheet, walking out. DUDE, you OK? Yeah he says, voice trembling. I had to go worse than I thought. But with the help of the Good Lord and these two fingers, I think I got everything back where it belongs.

waksupi
01-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Keith, Wade and I were going hunting. The night before we go, Wade was up partying. The three of us hit the woods late because Wade overslept. As we get about 100 yards into the woods, Wade says "you guys go on, my gut's rumbling". Well, Keith and I get about a couple of hundred yards further in when a buck jumps up in front of Keith. BAM! Keith hits it quartering away, drops it DRT. Keith and I grab the deer, drag it out, and come up to Wade, pants down, derrier hanging over a log, ASLEEP. We quietly gut the deer, placing the pile BEHIND Wade. After dragging the buck out to the truck, walking back in, we see Wade, white as a sheet, walking out. DUDE, you OK? Yeah he says, voice trembling. I had to go worse than I thought. But with the help of the Good Lord and these two fingers, I think I got everything back where it belongs.

Oh my gawd! What a hoot! Stolen!

DLCTEX
01-19-2012, 11:32 AM
While in Basic Training at Ft. Polk in 1966 my squad got even with a fellow who had been pranking people while they were sleeping. We let him get sound asleep and then lifted the bunk bed where he was asleep on the top bunk and placed two foot lockers under each leg. This put his nose inches from the ceiling. I then hit him in the crotch with a coffee can of cold water from the water cooler. His head bounced back and forth between ceiling and bed a number of times, with the bed swaying on top of the lockers and him screaming "get me down" like a girl.
My Dad liked to prank people and one day I got some back . At break time at the shop each morning he liked to smoke his pipe and visit with the crew. I curled a horse hair in his pipe and he smoked it a few minutes before the fire reached the horse hair. He almost threw up. I didn't let on that I knew anything, but someone must have ratted me out. As I was in the shower at the end of work he climbed a ladder to pour ice water on me over the cinder block wall of the shop shower.

para45lda
01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Years ago several of us drove to a friend's place to do some dove hunting. My buddy killed a really big (6' or so) rattlesnake and took it back to where we had all parked. He thought it would be funny to scare one of the other guys and coiled it up under the truck behind the rear wheel. We were all standing around later (having forgotten all about the snake) when the victim noticed it laying there.

Short story is my buddy had to change the tire so we could drive home. But it was funny.

Wes

x101airborne
01-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Oh, that reminds me....

Basic training 1999, Ft. Jackson SC. I was still a little hot-head and hadn't found my stride with people yet. And, as you can imagine, another private and I did not get along. He was considerably bigger both in height and stature than I, a little older, and about 30 pounds on me. And I was fairly stiff from working on the farm for the last 16 years. Well, Drill Sgt's caught on and they made us "Battle Buddies". Where one went, the other followed. Well, one day Drill's did their locker inspection and his was out of order. So..... they threw it out of the third story window. Then, they threw out the one on either side of his. Three in total went out the window. Mine, the offenders, and another friend of mine. All these nice, neatly rolled 6" flurries of undershirts and underwear, gear, boots that had just been spit shined for the occasion, everything hit the concrete. Then, because of this one person, the ENTIRE company did PT till someone threw up. Then we had forced hydration. Needless to say, everyone was PO'ed.

That nite, I felt like **** stepped in, rolled up, ran over, stepped in again and so on. Fire patrol walked by and in the flashlight I saw what was left of my wall locker. Duct-taped together as best I could and all my gear out of order. And the content snores coming from my forced bunkmate. You see it coming, dont you?

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. The drill's would not do anything about it when I asked for guidance on the situation. I was on my own. So,,,,,,,,, While he was sleeping in the top bunk, I took three sharpie markers, and with toilet paper wrapped around them, I broke them in half and removed the felt inside. Carefully I peeled back my bunkmate's covers and threw the felts in the bunk with him. Then I caught about 3 hours sleep before morning formation.

Time came for morning formation. Everyone was present except for - you guessed it. Drills were already mad at him for being late and had me doing push ups for his tardiness. When he finally did come down, he was zebra striped from head to toe!!!!! I mean his face, hair, PT uniform, legs, everything was black and white striped!!! Have you ever considered what it would take to make 5 drill sgt's, two lieutenants, and a visiting major all pay attention to one person? And pay silent attention at that. Well, I found it. The entire dog-gone company, cadre included were silent while this guy stood at attention. I even stopped doing push ups and no one noticed. To make it worse, the first person to say something was the major.

After chewing the other guy for a while, "Pvt. Meyer, Front and Center!!!!" ****, here it comes. I'm going to the brigg for this, I know it.

"What happened to your battle buddy?"
"I am unsure, Drill Sgt."
"The hell you mean, unsure?"
"I was so tired from doing push ups and front, back, go's all evening, I didn't see a thing."

My platoon Drill dismissed the other guy and promoted me to squad leader. Of course, that meant fire watch, but also meant I did not have to bunk next to that other guy. He got sifted out of boot shortly there after.

Even the drill's eased up on me and my squad after that. Couple of us were even able to get a smoke to share off the drill during our FTX.

Drill Sgt. Ford, Drill Sgt. Witkowski, Drill Sgt. Zintkovich, Drill Sgt. Stickler, if yall are still there, thanks. And yes, bald eagle still tastes like spotted owl.

bruce drake
01-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah, we Majors are good at seing the obvious... ;) good story! great prank!

Bruce

x101airborne
01-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Thank you, Sir!

10x
01-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Oh, that reminds me....

Drill Sgt. Ford, Drill Sgt. Witkowski, Drill Sgt. Zintkovich, Drill Sgt. Stickler, if yall are still there, thanks. And yes, bald eagle still tastes like spotted owl.

But not as tasty as Whooping Crane or Condor.

I would carry Bridge Mix with me when walking with my grandson. When we came across deer scat I would palm some from my pocket, bend over and pretend to pick up some scat, then offer it to him. He would refuse it and I would pop the candy in my mouth. He looked at me picked up another deer dropping and said "You eat this one popa." I very quickly explained how The trick worked. He is very sharpe for a five year old.