PDA

View Full Version : First ANNUAL Cast Boolits Hog Hunt

x101airborne
01-18-2012, 09:37 AM
[smilie=w:
Well, it is FINALLY here. Back in October, I auctioned off a benefit hog hunt. The lucky winners were to be treated to three days, three nites of lodging, food, and all the hog hunting they could stand. And now it's here.

Scott, Dustin and Trevor will be my guests this weekend and it could not shape up to be a better weekend. The weather is perfect. Highs of mid 70's and lows of mid 50's with little to no chance of rain. This is AWESOME!!!

I went scouting last weekend and saw hogs everytime I went out. They are tearing up the ground all over and we should have no problems other than not being able to reload fast enough. And all the hogs I saw were within 75 yards so shots will be fine even for pistols.

I am going to the ranch this evening to do more scouting and to set up chairs and things. The guys will be here late Thursday evening. Everyone keep an eye out on this thread as we will add updates and pictures as often as we can.

Wish us luck!

runfiverun
01-18-2012, 12:17 PM
<-------------
jealous.
good luck guy's.

Love Life
01-18-2012, 12:27 PM
When is the next auction?

Trey45
01-18-2012, 12:34 PM
This sounds like some real fun! Take lots of pictures!

x101airborne
01-18-2012, 02:35 PM
When is the next auction?

With blessings from my dad, the property owner, we have decided to make this an ANNUAL thing. I stress Annual because it was not intended to be annual when this first got going. But several things have made it clear that it would be a good idea. First, October seems to be the time of year that everyone is winding down for the holidays, Deer seasons are busy times and also buying gifts and such take their toll on family budgets. What better time to come together and make a sizable donation to help a board member. That holiday spirit thing, ya know?

Second, we get some of those rooters off our property and it doesn't affect our deer season. People who maybe have never hunted pigs can come together and celebrate that wich brought us together.

I would have NEVER guessed this would get so much support. The way we have all come together on this has been great. Several members have sent me their ideas for hog traps, snares, helped with the menu, and offered other suggestions. Since the community has helped put it together it is clear that we are all reasonable people and value each other.

I guess till further notice, we will keep the benefit auction ending on Halloween, or a day in that general time frame. But there will be other hunts and opportunities to come and hunt. I would like to sell a couple to help my dad pay for the deer corn. Right now we fill 9 - 600 pound feeders every 24 days. And that is at 11.00 a 50 pound sac. And we do it for deer season starting in October, not just for the hog hunting. It is actually more rewarding and more challenging to hunt them when the feeders are not going, but that means at nite, on thier terms, when they actually have the advantage.

I will keep everyone posted if there will be another auction, definately. But if anyone wants to come in and hunt, I am but a PM away.

mstarling
01-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Have a GREAT hunt! Wonderful that the weather is so nice.

Thank you for your great generosity in making this an annual affair. Good on Ya!

Love Life
01-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I hope your guests kill many pigs!!

waksupi
01-18-2012, 08:25 PM
The one who kills the most, gets the Indian name, "Many Pigs"!

x101airborne
01-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Finally made it to the ranch. Had to stop by the folks and sight in (or at least check) all the nite vision. 20 rounds of 50 Beo is no fun off the bench. I am not sure how the one with the nite vision is going to work out. After every shot, I had to stop and re adjust the focus ring. On one hand....... The problems with the nite vision limits the capability of a second follow up shot. Although, with a 50, you should not NEED a second shot. I cannot wait to see how these things do on flesh.

x101airborne
01-18-2012, 10:28 PM

Ha! OinksWithaFist!!!

x101airborne
01-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Hooah!!!!! Just cam in from a scouting...... I got 3, yes 3 big black rooters in the field less than 400 yards away. I left em standing.... Saving them for the guys, but it was hard. REAL hard to leave em breathing. I cant wait to get after em.

waksupi
01-19-2012, 02:36 AM
Ha! OinksWithaFist!!!

Brahahahahahaaaaa!!!!! [smilie=w:

RugerFan
01-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Sounds awesome! Good luck to all.

SharpsShooter
01-19-2012, 08:53 AM
I'll be following this closely. Lotsa pictures please!

SS

x101airborne
01-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Just got back from the mornin scout. 6 under the feeder closest to the cabin (200 yards away). Biggest was about 190 or so. Smallest was around 30 pounds. Real clean, Real fat. I got within about 30 or so yards of em and then backed off. They never knew I was there.

Pigslayer
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
ha! Oinkswithafist!!!

lolololololol!

wvmedic
01-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Can not wait to see the pictures, the wife wants to do a pig hunt bad. Gotta say though, I want to just as bad.

Jeff

bowfin
01-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Ever consider this as a sideline business?

I have a horde of brothers, sons, and nephews who need to quit buying firearms and find a way to go use them. Don't even need a place to stay, just a place to hunt.

x101airborne
01-19-2012, 02:24 PM
I have actually considered doing this full time. But out of respect to those who bid and donated I was going to wait till after this weekend to sell any hunts.

Went out a while ago. Had to set the blind up that the hogs had knocked over. Also threw a little corn on the ground where they were rooting last nite. Hopefully (my fingers crossed) they will come back to the same spots and stay long enough to stalk and pop with the nite vision.

While driving through the pasture, I jumped our resident PITA. Dang long haired HUGE yote. I have seen him a couple times before. He is the one that hung up at 200 yards in the brush and gave my wife and I about 30 minutes of lecture. Anyway, forgot my M1-A was sighted for 147 gr. milsurp and not the 168 matchkings I brought for the weekend. Two shots, both hit low. Sorriest shooting I have done in a while. I really gotta get back in the groove of open sights.

waksupi
01-19-2012, 05:21 PM
I doubt there would be any problems with this auction hunt, but before I would start selling hunts, I would check with your state on being an outfitter. They will want a cut, no doubt.

bowfin
01-19-2012, 05:54 PM
I would check with your state on being an outfitter. They will want a cut, no doubt.

Nebraska is one state that doesn't get a cut from guides or outfitters. I really wish they would get charged something, though.

41mag
01-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Good luck to you and your hunters, put some meat on the ground......

x101airborne
01-19-2012, 06:42 PM
To my knowledge...... As little as it is...... And just off the top of my head, I have never heard of Texas taxing non game animal hunts. Definately something to check on. I will have to make some calls.

TXGunNut
01-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Ya'll have a safe and successful hunt!
I can put you in touch with an outfitter I use in the Caprock Canyon area but I suspect your local TP&W office will be helpful. Biggest hurdle to clear for pay hunts might be liability insurance.

x101airborne
01-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Well, the guys got in at about 2030 and I got them to the ranch. What a swell group of guys. Top notch all around. I was showing them the nite vision and Dustin said "So can I shoot those two pigs there?" I didn't even see em in the dark. We had to run inside to grab the guns and by the time we got out after em, they were gone. We did a short scout for more, but the unseasonable warm temps created fog and we could not see anything in the nite vision. Well, Dustin did kill a skunk. Told him if he did not kill anything bigger this weekend, he had to skin it.

x101airborne
01-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Man, the fog slapped us good this morning. took the guys out and let them hunt and I came back to the cabin to stay with my son. The fog was so thick that at 50 yards, they could hear em, but not see em. After the fog cleared, we had bacon, eggs, biscuits, and beer. Sounds odd, I know. BUT....... There was only about an hour and a half of sleep last nite, so wasn't it kinda like evening? The guys all retired and I was left with a 15 month old that WOULD NOT TAKE HIS DANG NAP! Well, gave me time to do the dishes, laundry, clean the floors, etc. I have about an hour before I gotta wake em up for the evening hunt. Wish us luck!!

scrapcan
01-20-2012, 04:42 PM
And here we sit living vicariously through you and the Boys. Make it good for us now!

Oh man Beer and eggs for breakfast! You already done good.

1Shirt
01-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Need pics, pics, and more pics!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

MT Gianni
01-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Let 'em hunt not take pics and post. Having fun from another watcher wishing he was there.

Ron.D
01-20-2012, 08:13 PM
I hear youse guys have a pig problem. I hear they BBQ really good. What's the problem? Do I need to come down there? Just kidding of course, but I'd love to get in on a pig hunt. If you decide to go commercial, I'll have my eye on it. Ron.D

cbrick
01-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Waiting for the commercial venture info myself, more than interested.

Yep, we need pictures of this hunt.

Rick

TXGunNut
01-21-2012, 12:36 AM
C'mon, guys. Need a piggy hunt report!:kidding: I hope they're busy dressing, butchering or mebbe field-testing the nightvision scope. Kinda warm tonight, edible pigs need to go straight to the cooler. Not much moon tonight but stars are pretty bright out in the sticks.

x101airborne
01-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Sorry for the late response guys and gals.

Well, last nite we finally connected. I was hunting with the 500 smith next to the cabin. Didn't see anything, so I came back and cooked. Chicken fried deer steak with rich onions and POtaters. YUUUM!!!

When I took the guys out, I suggested they take the nite vision rifles along with their day time rifles so if the hogs came out right after dark, they were prepared. Sure-nuff, it worked. Dustin and Trevor got into a group of 50. Yep, 50 hogs in one group. Two down, couple possibles. Both of these were over 200 pounds by far. FAT, FAT, and FAT. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_155754f1ad2cc47252.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=3533)

Dustin was shooting the 7.62x39 AR and Trevor was pulling finisher duty with his 9mm Beretta.

x101airborne
01-21-2012, 11:12 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_155754f1ad4b70011c.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=3534)

WilNsc
01-21-2012, 11:15 AM
The texas pictures always make me sorta jealous. On one hand you have tons of bacon runing around for the taking, but the toll on the wildlife is pretty bad. We have some hogs here and I always see signs of them when hunting but not a single hog so they haven't taken over yet.

Nice job so far, keep the pics comin.

x101airborne
01-21-2012, 11:23 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_155754f1ad85cc2a64.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=3535)

x101airborne
01-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Scott saw a small group and missed with the 50 beowulf. It failed to eject, so he missed the chance at a follow-up. So...... We gonna go try to call in some yotes off the gut piles from last nite. STAY TUNED!!

x101airborne
01-21-2012, 11:47 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_155754f1b86b900e4d.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=3547)

You see that smirk on all our faces?:Fire:

I hope they get into that pack of 50 again.

KEN: We thinking of you, buddy.

Bullet Caster
01-22-2012, 12:19 AM
x101Airborne,
Save me a piece of bacon wil ya? I sure envy you guys out there having all the fun. Good luck with the rest of the hunt. By the way, great pics. BC

nanuk
01-22-2012, 06:09 AM
Ha! OinksWithaFist!!!

Overtones of Deliverance?

SharpsShooter
01-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Overtones of Deliverance?

No. Comes from the movie "Dances with wolves" The white woman living with the indians name was "Standswithafist" because after being taunted and mistreated by the native women until she could stand no more ...she mopped the floor with one of them and the fight ended with the white woman standing over her fallen enemy with a raised fist.

SS

TXGunNut
01-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Wow, nice fat piggies! Way to go, guys. Looks like everyone's having a good time.

badgeredd
01-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Not being familiar with feral hog hunting I have a question. Can a guy bait them in during the day? Just wondering since my uncle has mentioned me coming down to his place near Austin for some hog hunting.

Edd

TXGunNut
01-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Bait works-sometimes. Hogs that perceive hunting pressure often move only at night and are hard to coax out of bed during the daytime regardless of the bait. Many parts of TX had an exceptional acorn crop last year so they may have all they want to eat until the acorns run out. Hogs also seem to be nomadic at times, they may tear up an area one night and be a mile or so away the next night.
Take your uncle up on his offer, Edd. C'mon down and have some fun. Time your visit to coincide with optimal moonlight in the evening hours and a quality scope will work pretty well at night.

inkedbylee
01-22-2012, 08:50 PM
so wish i was down in TX for this hunt but just cant make this one looks like good times. I know thay will talk about this hunt for many years to come. hope someone gets one with the .50 i want to see what thay do to a pig.

x101airborne
01-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Well, Dad came out and brought some of the class 3 toys. We had a shoot with pistols, supressed pistols, full auto m-16's, supressed 308's, etc. The guys had a HOOT. Then we shot some exploding target mix. That was sooooo CCOOOOOOOLLLL!!!!! We had a great time. Everything is on video and pic, so there will be more posted later in the week. Even the wife got to shoot an exploding target with about 3 pounds of mix with the heavy barrel AR-10. She did so GREAT! We got it on video. You should see the smile! I think dad had as much fun as everyone else did. Maybe more. So we took some pics, had some drinks, played Texans and ....... (Insert varmint name here). Threw a HELL of a lot of ammo out. had a great time. Thank you God for the opportunity. Thank you Ken for bringing us together. Thank you Scott, Trevor, and Dustin for donating and coming down. Thank you Dad for allowing us to use you place, And thank you Courtney for supporting me and helping me make this what it was. I just cant say any more.

x101airborne
01-22-2012, 10:37 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_155754f1cc7726ce79.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=3565)

This is the Grew Crew. Me, Dad, Scott, Trevor, and Dustin. With the classic and iconic Texas windmill in the background. never mind the pressure tank.:-)

geargnasher
01-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Good times! I'm glad the weather cooperated and everything came together, this is a really fine thing you and your family have done here.

Gear

45nut
01-23-2012, 03:22 PM
What an awesome thing,,, awesome. I am beyond tickled to see another gathering of minds and guns that rivals the best of the NCBS and BBPDS gatherings in spirit. More regional gatherings will probably sprout up out that way now. Awesome indeed.

x101airborne
01-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Inkedbylee and I were thinking of hosting a big annual thing down here. It wouldn't be just anytime soon, but thoughts are in the works. But the hog hunts will continue.

dutch41
01-25-2012, 12:12 AM
I would like to take this time to thank Trey and his family for their hospitality and generosity.
Trey went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed while there.

The hunting was a real blast (especially with the night vision); stand hunting in the early morning & evening and roaming the property at night with Treys toys.

Trey is also an awesome cook. We had venison the whole time there and you would of thought you were eating beef.

Trey, thanks again for the great hunt and your friendship, we plan on coming again.

Scott

crabo
01-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Inkedbylee and I were thinking of hosting a big annual thing down here. It wouldn't be just anytime soon, but thoughts are in the works. But the hog hunts will continue.

I think you would have a pretty good group. I'd come.

shastaboat
01-26-2012, 02:26 AM
I haven't been on this site in a whil but thought I'd check it out since I'm looking to go to TX this March or April for a hog hunt with cast bullets. Looks like you all had a great hunt.

badgeredd
01-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Bait works-sometimes. Hogs that perceive hunting pressure often move only at night and are hard to coax out of bed during the daytime regardless of the bait. Many parts of TX had an exceptional acorn crop last year so they may have all they want to eat until the acorns run out. Hogs also seem to be nomadic at times, they may tear up an area one night and be a mile or so away the next night.
Take your uncle up on his offer, Edd. C'mon down and have some fun. Time your visit to coincide with optimal moonlight in the evening hours and a quality scope will work pretty well at night.

Thanks for the input. I know danged little about feral hog behavior or hunting them.

I really want to take my uncle up on his offer. Sad thing is he won't be be able to enjoy a hunt with me. Diabetes and Agent Orange have taken their toll on his body. It's amazing he is still alive with all he has been through. Legally blind, an amputee, and dialysis every other day. If finances allow, I hope to get down there sometime this year, he may not be around next year. :sad::sad:

Edd

x101airborne
01-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Nothing new guys..... I am just too proud of the hunt and the hunters to let this go to page 2 just yet. Sorry.

Hamish
01-27-2012, 11:14 PM
You ought to be, you fellers did a fine thing. I just hope to get back down there some day to hunt, I don't care where you're *originally* from, live in Tx. and living somewhere else is never quite the same again.

@(:^]#>:::

TXGunNut
01-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Glad to hear ya'll had a safe and enjoyable hunt.

45nut
01-27-2012, 11:22 PM
I really enjoy reading this thread myself!

TXGunNut
01-27-2012, 11:31 PM
I know danged little about feral hog behavior or hunting them. -badgeredd

That's what makes them fun, there are few hard and fast rules about them. They quickly adapt to their environment and hunting pressure. Most folks that hunt them feel their hearing and sense of smell is as sharp as or sharper than any game animal but there's a fair bit of debate about their eyesight. I know they see movement very well, not sure about acuity. Everyone has their favorite hunting method, tactics that work around here may not work in Alabama or Mississippi. One thing; never underestimate how smart they are. Some biologists think they're the smartest critter on four legs.

x101airborne
01-28-2012, 12:09 AM
As long as I was downwind, I have walked up at night and kicked em. Mainly just to see if I could. But they are VERY sensitive to hunting pressure. I believe after this weekend that maybe it is best to ambush hunt them. On Saturday night, Dustin and I went out walking and we walked a LOT looking for hogs. While we were gone, they hit the feeder that they did not touch for 2 days. Had to be a lot of em cause they cleaned up about 30 pounds of corn in 2 hours. Then on the last night, the wife and I were sitting on the porch having our 4th or 5th sundowner while Scott and Trevor were out walking and had a couple hogs walk about 40 feet away from us. They are very clever and sensitive animals.

L1A1Rocker
01-28-2012, 02:50 AM
As long as I was downwind, I have walked up at night and kicked em. Mainly just to see if I could. But they are VERY sensitive to hunting pressure. I believe after this weekend that maybe it is best to ambush hunt them. On Saturday night, Dustin and I went out walking and we walked a LOT looking for hogs. While we were gone, they hit the feeder that they did not touch for 2 days. Had to be a lot of em cause they cleaned up about 30 pounds of corn in 2 hours. Then on the last night, the wife and I were sitting on the porch having our 4th or 5th sundowner while Scott and Trevor were out walking and had a couple hogs walk about 40 feet away from us. They are very clever and sensitive animals.

I often wonder if hogs' randomness comes form being clever or stupid. Anyhow, a great service you did 101, Kodus to you sir!

I notice you are in the Victoria are, I was there for a number of years in the mid and late 90's, great place. Is you folks place anywhere near what's left of the O'conars spread?

x101airborne
01-28-2012, 08:37 AM
No, we are on the other side of the river from them.

TXGunNut
01-28-2012, 01:01 PM
I often wonder if hogs' randomness comes form being clever or stupid.

Some do seem a bit stupid at times but I think they're quite possibly individuals with varying levels of intelligence. As a rule I think they're very smart. I missed the last one I shot at quite possibly because a rabbit was under the feeder with him and every time the rabbit moved, he spooked and jumped. I watched him in my binocs for awhile, pretty funny watching the silly critter. It was getting pretty dark when I finally took the shot, saw him jump just as the sear tripped.

L1A1Rocker
01-28-2012, 01:43 PM
No, we are on the other side of the river from them.

Cool, did they ever get the log jam cleared up down river that kept causing flooding? As I understand it the enviro-wacko's had an injuction against clearing it because of it making an alagator habitat or some such. Last I heard "someone" was about ready to dynamite it on their own.

x101airborne
01-28-2012, 02:34 PM
US Army Corps of Engineers dynamited it in fact. Yeah, the tree huggers said they wanted to leave it an re-introduce the beaver to the area. Govt said "NO" and immediately had it removed to restore flow.

waksupi
01-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Pigs are supposed to be nearly as intelligent as dogs. Remember Arnold Ziffle?

x101airborne
01-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Good point Waksupi.

Pigs are supposed to be easier to train than dogs and are trained to find truffles in Northern Europe. VERY intelligent animals at times.

Stick_man
02-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Sounds like great fun. I have been trying to get in on a hog hunt somewhere in TX for quite a while. I'd love to get a small group of guys down there to take care of some of the hog problem.

geargnasher
02-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Sounds like great fun. I have been trying to get in on a hog hunt somewhere in TX for quite a while. I'd love to get a small group of guys down there to take care of some of the hog problem.

Watch for the auction for next year's annual hunt and bid high!

Gear

JIMinPHX
02-14-2012, 10:28 PM

I always thought that name was assigned for other reasons...
:kidding:

x101airborne
02-15-2012, 06:54 AM
I always thought that name was assigned for other reasons...
:kidding:

We dont rent pigs!

Just as an update, here are some recent headlines. Notice how many pigs were killed in JUST ONE DAY!!!
http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/417510/wild_hog_hunt_serves_as_a_contest_a_diseasetesting _program/

x101airborne
02-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Hey guys. Some expressed an interest in Texas hogs, so I hope yall dont mind if I bring this back from the grave. I am still pleased as punch to keep in contact with these folks and everyone who hunted with me in the past. I look forward to making new friends also!

harley45
02-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Where do we watch for info?

HiVelocity
02-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Photos please! Photos will get more interest.

HV

x101airborne
02-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Where do we watch for info?

Well, a lot of people put money down on a good hog hunt and I know it is hunting, not killing, but I felt really guilty that people weren't killing more hogs for what they were paying. So, I quit charging for the hunts. I just dont feel right. Like I was doing something wrong or not all I could. I know I did a good job, just didnt set well with me. So now I just let folks come down for the asking. Thanks for the interest.

harley45
02-27-2013, 01:37 AM
PM sent Airborne

Oreo
02-27-2013, 03:00 AM
If I only had the time. Would love to do this one day.

pls1911
02-27-2013, 08:45 PM
x101, per our PMs, I hope we share a cup in late April.

I chuckled a bit at your comment "bringing this thread back from the grave."
It's hard not to share a big grin when you tool around on a sunny afternoon with an old gun and your own cast bullets and plug a pig or two... buzzards gotta eat too, especially those corn thiefs.62634

geargnasher
02-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Just say when, Trey, I'll bring by workin' clothes, guns, and some party favors!

Gear

x101airborne
02-27-2013, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=geargnasher;2084709]Just say when, Trey, I'll bring by workin' clothes, guns, and some party favors!

WHEN!!!!!
Yall dont need an invitation, you need to tell me when yall are coming.
We had such a good time with yall last time the missus and I are just waiting for the next time we can get together.
Oh, man. One weekend of no kids, good friends, a little hunting, a little laughing......
Dont tease me!!!!

TXGunNut
02-27-2013, 11:28 PM
My freezer's already full, need a camp cook? I'll bring social equipment in case a porker charges my heirloom Coleman stove. :Fire:

horsesoldier
02-27-2013, 11:38 PM
My fiance is reclassing at San Antonio, looks about two hours away.She is going to be there for 26 weeks so if the invitation is still open when she does I might make a run down there lol!

x101airborne
02-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Absolutely! It is actually a little less than two hours. The ranch I hunt is actually near Gonzales (birthplace of Texas Independence). First shot was fired by a woman! Thats right. We had redneck women BEFORE it was cool. And she fired a cannon on em to boot! Yall look up the story of how Texas won independence from Mexico. Awesome story.
I just reside in Victoria. I LIVE at the ranch.

horsesoldier
03-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Awesome man thanks!

NLS1
04-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Wow Airborne, I just stumbled on this great thread! A buddy of mine and I have had pigs on the brain for a couple years. Those guys must have had a great time with y'all.

Sure is a fun read, thanks for taking the time to post pictures and keep us updated.

Dan

grullaguy
04-24-2013, 07:38 PM
This a belated thank you to Trey. He was a great host and worked really hard to connect me with a pig. I did get a shot at one but could not find it.
Trey and his wife were great to me and he even went so far as to provide transport as my vehicle was not up to the job. Wandering the ranch with his Mauser and sitting over a dark feeder with an AR with night vision were a couple of the once in a lifetime experiences I had during my stay. The property has lots of game so I got to see much more than a few hogs.
Thanks x101airborne!

x101airborne
04-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks, man. You were a pleasure to have and to host. I look forward to our next outing together.
Welcome home, John. Glad the trip went well.