PDA

View Full Version : 9.3x57 mauser

Frank46
06-24-2005, 03:31 AM
Been looking at the sarco web site and have serious thoughts about getting one of their swedish mausers in 9.3x57mm. Will be a 98 mauser in that caliber.
Was suprised by what calibers the swedes have chambered for the 96 action.
8mm, 9.3x57mm, 30-06 and 270win. Guess they have more confidence in that action than I do. This will be a cast bullet rifle only. The vitavouri catalog say that the 9.3x57 cartridge is not supported be either sammi or cip.
They list loads under 40k pressure. Still a 250gr bullet at 2200fps is nothing to sneeze at. Haven't sent in the ffl or money yet but would like to ask a few questions. Bullet moulds, Mountain Molds doesn't list any molds for this caliber
on their web site. They have gone on to customer designed molds. The other alternative is a NEI mold. Have checked their site and they do list a mold for this caliber. I have heard good things about both companies and was hoping to get a two cavity mold from Mountain molds. And where would I get suitable size gas checks for this caliber. Worse comes to worse I could rebarrel to 9.5x57 and use .375 cal boolits. Any suggestions and or comments
are welcome. If I remember correctly the 9.3x57 uses .366 dia bullets and the 9.5x57 uses .375 bullets. Regards Frank