PDA

View Full Version : Which CB mold....

kliff
01-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Feeds and functions best in the Henry 45LC? Preferrably a design that lends itself well to "tumble lubing" or pan lubing. Help me out please guys.:violin:

Boerrancher
01-17-2012, 09:34 AM
I shoot the Lee 255gr RNFP. They feed real well out of my Mod92's and Kill way out of proportion to the size of the round. The 255 gr Lee boolit will pan or tumble lube well. I use to TL them for the longest time until I got a Lyman sizer. It is also pretty close to the same shape as the original 45LC bullet. I have run just about every 45 boolit there is through mine, and keep going back to that 255gr RNFP by Lee. Also don't mess around with the little 2 banger mold. Spend the extra money for the six cavity. The quality of the molds are so much better in the six cavities than the doubles. I have both and had to Lee-mint my 2 banger. The six banger though after a good scrubbing in dawn dish detergent, and drying with a soft cloth, while the pot was heating up, started dropping perfect boolits from the get go. I didn't have to beat the **** out of the hinge bolt on the handles to get them to drop. Most, as a matter of fact, fall when I open the mold and the rest go with a gentle bump to the hinge bolt on the handle. The six cavity Lees are well worth the extra money you pay for them.

Best wishes,

Joe

runfiverun
01-17-2012, 10:45 PM
the lyman 452664 is similar to the lee, just a flatter nose which i prefer for hunting.
it's my go to 45 colt levergun mold.
i have several other rnfp molds but thats my number one.