PDA

View Full Version : What I did on my birthday

Wayne Smith
03-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Made 25 lbs of sausage with my best friend out of the pieces of 2 boars (European) we shot on Monday. Mine was with one of Daniel's 350gr .405 Win. bullets shot at all of about 20 ft. - yes, that's FEET!

We were at Jerry Rushing's Chestnut Hunting Lodge. I was in a ground blind on a road and that pig came ambling and snorting and sniffing up the road, only presenting a frontal shot. He literally sniffed at the door to my blind, if I had my Blackhawk I could have put a round through the top of his head. He ambled on and at about 20 feet turned partially sideways. I put one in his heart and he literally dropped on his belly as the blood pumped out of his wound for about six inches. He kicked a couple times and died. Of the four of us hunting I had the only one shot kill, although two others used a second shot to anchor their boar.

Tomorrow I fire up the smoker to smoke the hams and barbeque one shoulder and what's left of the other.

No_1
03-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Happy Birthday Wayne,

Looks like you are going to have a smokin' good party. Are you inviting all 2500 of us closest friends?

Great job on the hog. I sure love those. They are great eating!

Robert

RugerFan
03-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Outstanding! Nothing like pork on the ground to cure the off season itch. Got any pics???

piwo
03-07-2007, 09:27 PM
wow... that's a nice day!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bullshop
03-07-2007, 10:19 PM
CONGRATS Wayne!!!
Guess we have to add pig to the list of critters that boolit has taken now.
I was hoping to add caribou but dont know if I will be up to walking before the season ends at the end of this month. I am getting better though, thank God!!!
BIC/BS

Four Fingers of Death
03-10-2007, 07:12 PM
The walking is hard enough, but dragging the meat home is another thing. Maybe your kids will have to eat some of that strange meat that comes in plastic trays this year. Boy, that's a sad thought :(