PDA

View Full Version : Any Casters in Yuma, AZ?

nicholst55
01-16-2012, 05:40 AM
I'm finally getting ready to leave Korea after almost four years, and have accepted a job at Yuma Proving Ground. I should be arriving in Yuma in mid-March or so, and would like to meet up with any fellow casters living in the area.

I'm not sure yet just how much of my arsenal... er, collection I'll be bringing with me, but I'll bring some interesting stuff. I'll have to find a place to live once I arrive, of course, and then get the casting and reloading operation set up and running. I'm for sure going to be scrounging for lead, so any advice in that area will be greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to do some hunting and maybe some F-Class competition while I'm there.

fatnhappy
01-16-2012, 06:10 PM
the trouble with casting in Yuma, as I understand it, is lead will only solidify in your moulds in January or February.

Just saying.....

nicholst55
01-16-2012, 06:39 PM
the trouble with casting in Yuma, as I understand it, is lead will only solidify in your moulds in January or February.

Just saying.....

I don't expect it'll be any hotter than it was for the six years I spent in the Middle East. Doubtless less humid, too. But yeah, it's fixing to get H-O-T!

Besides, they only stop shooting High Power during June, July and August. You figure they're out there in leather shooting jackets with sweatshirts underneath them the rest of the year!

e15cap
01-16-2012, 07:49 PM
I know several over there, when you get settled let me know and we will see what happens.
Best, Roger

nicholst55
01-17-2012, 03:10 AM
I know several over there, when you get settled let me know and we will see what happens.
Best, Roger

Will do!

justingrosche
01-17-2012, 04:26 AM
Armoredman is in Arizona, but I believe he is in Prescott. He's a hellova nice guy. You can find him on my friends list.
Most importantly, WELCOME HOME!! , AND THANK YOU FOR YOU SERVICE.