PDA

View Full Version : M-24 Sale

P.K.
01-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Anyone else check the Army Time's on this? Page 42on. Army Times. Rem's website is NDIATTand no info forthcoming.

Interestested, waiting on info......

acguy45
01-16-2012, 04:03 AM
Yup I saw it to, since the army adopted the XM110 they are going to release some of the the M-24's for sale. less than 2,000 available, refurbished with leupold scope, case and accesories for approx $ 3,500.00 They will go quick I'm sure once remington finally gets the ball rolling with details for sales.
I just am thankful there selling them back to us instead of giving them to some foriegn country or scrapping them .

They have a proposed pecking order for sales of these rifles.

Priority 1: Military or Former Military Personnel Holding a Graduation Certificate from a Service-sponsored Sniper School

Priority 2: Currently Serving Active Duty, National Guard or Reserve Service Members

Priority 3: Military Retirees

Priority 4: Federal Agents

Priority 5: State and Local Law

Details should be coming soon hopefully.

I loved the one I used to bad it was "borrowed":smile:

bruce drake
01-16-2012, 09:16 AM
You guys need to take the Army Times articles with a hefty grain of salt. They don't do a lot of research before they put these teaser stories out.

You'll probably find that priorities #4,5 will be #1, 2 once the DRMO personnel who are responsible for the lawful disposition of government equipment get the rifles. First priority is to see if other Federal and State governments have a need for the weapons before they get released for sale.

If a State SRT or County SWAT determines they need the firearm than the Federal authorities will transfer the kit to them first.

If they have no takers, they are required by federal law to release the firearms to the Civilian Marksmanship Program for sale by either auction or outright sale by the established criteria they have at their website. their website is www.odcmp.org

That program is run from Anniston Army Depot in Alabama or at Camp Perry, Ohio. You can go in an actually pick your rifle off the racks they have at each of the location or you can have the rifle mailed to your home after you do the purchase.

Just because you are a Sniper School graduate does not place you at a priority for the firearm. If that was the case I've got a certificate from the Marines dated from 1989 that might put me in front of you on the waiting list. ;-)

Bruce

P.K.
01-17-2012, 12:43 AM
You guys need to take the Army Times articles with a hefty grain of salt.
[quote]
Just because you are a Sniper School graduate does not place you at a priority for the firearm. If that was the case I've got a certificate from the Marines dated from 1989 that might put me in front of you on the waiting list. ;-)

Bruce

Sir, was it the ARMY program? We are getting into some problems here because you Marines called it an M-40 right? I think you all may be out. Sorry. I'm checking Remington's website daily looking for this and so far nada. I plan on getting on the list ASAP. We'll see how that works out. Sience my job title is "Dad" now I'm a way's down the list, not the bottom but down there. ;-):redneck:

acguy45
01-17-2012, 09:23 AM
I agree the Army times is like the "national enquirer" for alot of things in the army. But DRMO isn't heading this one up, Remington purchased all the parts that they swapped from the rifles when they upgraded them to the XM2010 Enhanced Sniper Rifle system(pic beloW) so they get to run the show.
They even say there raffling one off at the shot show on the 20th of this month. Details for the other rifles will probably be released after that. Most state and local law enforcement probbaly qualify for a discount already. No matter what I'm just glad they are being circulated here in the U.S.

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/M24-Sales-Flyer-01-05-12.pdf

I got me one of them " dilpomers" to but even at a discount I still can't swing it.

They also mention a "service sponsored " sniper school so I don't think it's army specific. might want to contact remington Good luck in the hunt!

bruce drake
01-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Yeah, My diploma has the Eagle, Globe and Anchor on the parchment :). Makes for interesting comments at the Qualification Range when the Public Affairs Officer is outshooting the Infantry guys.

And we called them M40s.

So it seems more like Remington is building "new" M24s off the parts that meet the gauges from the turn-ins and then selling them off at a premium for anyone willing to purchase the rifle as a reminder of their service.

Remington has always had the service contracts on these rifles so their being allowed to pull the parts during the upgrade is not a big change in how they operated anyways.

I will commend their Marketing people for thinking up this program to sell off the parts after being mated with a new action, barrel and trigger off their shelves there at Ilion NY.

I'm not sure I could tell the wife I'd be spending that much on another rifle after buying two custom rigs last year. I would probably have to volunteer for another tour in Afghanistan if I did...

Bruce

P.K.
01-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Yeah, My diploma has the Eagle, Globe and Anchor on the parchment :). Makes for interesting comments at the Qualification Range when the Public Affairs Officer is outshooting the Infantry guys.

And we called them M40s.

So it seems more like Remington is building "new" M24s off the parts that meet the gauges from the turn-ins and then selling them off at a premium for anyone willing to purchase the rifle as a reminder of their service.

Remington has always had the service contracts on these rifles so their being allowed to pull the parts during the upgrade is not a big change in how they operated anyways.

I will commend their Marketing people for thinking up this program to sell off the parts after being mated with a new action, barrel and trigger off their shelves there at Ilion NY.

I'm not sure I could tell the wife I'd be spending that much on another rifle after buying two custom rigs last year. I would probably have to volunteer for another tour in Afghanistan if I did...

Bruce

Untill I hear from Remington and I told my better half this. "If it doesn't come with a round count and "Dope" bag we are not dropping coin at all." The only way cash goes into this is with a shot log and dopped ammo. PERIOD.

I would love to have this rifle in my stable, but w/o it's "dope" its a factory rifle that I need to dial in. I want a tack driver with data. Not a "promised" shooter.

bruce drake
01-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Considering you have a new barrel and action, the round count better be just factory proof loads.

This is a "factory rifle" with mil-surp parts added in my opinion.

I (or you) can build a M24 copy just as easily by going to the local Wal-Mart to buy a donor Rem 700 Long Action in 308 Win and then strip the factory stock and trigger and scope off and start the rebuild with the appropriate after-market stocks as well...

Now if they were willing to let us buy the rifles we first qualled with...

Bruce

P.K.
01-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Considering you have a new barrel and action, the round count better be just factory proof loads.

This is a "factory rifle" with mil-surp parts added in my opinion.

I (or you) can build a M24 copy just as easily by going to the local Wal-Mart to buy a donor Rem 700 Long Action in 308 Win and then strip the factory stock and trigger and scope off and start the rebuild with the appropriate after-market stocks as well...

Now if they were willing to let us buy the rifles we first qualled with...

Bruce

Set the bar will you? Oh my!

If I could do that.........:Fire:

All I'm asking is a quality, TEST shot platform with it's DOPE. Then I can atleat reload for it. Not some production run factory rifle with factory loads. I want it from the get-go marksmanship tested through our schools. No guess work nada. I have the data and can order the componants, start trimming brass and shoot the next weekend. If I drop the coin I want the round count, user log, zero hold and etc.... to go with THAT rifle. If Remington comes close, I'll consider the coin....;-)