PDA

View Full Version : Lube sizer question

kbstenberg
01-15-2012, 06:52 PM
I purchased a used RCBS lube sizer. When I striped it for cleaning all that there was inside the lube reservoir was the 1/2" cylinder it is in the picture below. I called RCBS an got replacement parts shipped to me. RCBS sent the metal disk in the picture but it is large enough that only the recessed area of the ring fits inside the reservoir. like it is the top cap for the res. tube. The other part that they sent was a small rubber gasket which is also in the picture.
I don't have a schematic of the sizer. an I am stumped at how it goes together. So if I can get some help on putting it together it would be appreciated!! I know the threaded shaft fits through the hole in the bottom of the res. tube. Then do I slip the rubber ring on the threaded shaft an slide the ring to the bottom of the shaft, then place the metal cylinder on the shaft an slide that also to the bottom. Fill the res. with lube then slide the threaded disk on the shaft an turn it down till it pressurizes the lube
The Lube sizer is an older one with the ratcheting wrench to pressurize the lube.
Kevin

fishnbob
01-15-2012, 07:30 PM
http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/instructions/Lube-A-Matic_Bullet_Sizer_Lubricator_Instructions.pdf

Try this and see it you can figure it out. I never had to strip my down that far, knock on wood!

Mk42gunner
01-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Yes the downloadable manual from RCBS helps a lot. It is worth taking the time, even on dial-up. Just be sure you are downloading the correct one, (don't ask how I know that).

Robert