PDA

View Full Version : Colt Commando revolver

Sixgun Symphony
01-14-2012, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUCfQrf_p7U&feature=colike

Check out my review of the Colt Commando revolver.

Sixgun Symphony
01-15-2012, 12:39 AM
I get a misfire and just thumbcock the action and continue shooting. The ammunition was free, very old wadcutter reloads in mixed brass. I mostly shot it up to get the brass.

The Army Special, Official Police, and Commando are all just different variants of the same revolver built on the "I" frame from Colt. This frame size was designed for the old .41 Long Colt cartridge and so it is a very strong when chambered in .38 caliber. It will handle the potent Keith loads! Thus the Official Police and it's variants are the "poor man's python" for us handloaders.

smkummer
01-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Great guns of which I have many variations. Actually after WW2 the guns were assigned a frame letter and it was the E frame. The 2 differences between the E and I frame (.357 chambered guns) was that the I frame has a frame mounted firing pin instead of hammer mounted. The other difference was that the cylinder was made slightly longer. If you like Colts, come over to www.coltforum.com for a friendly group and and a ton of info. And Yes, many of my E frame Colts have fired some very potent loads. This includes Officers Models and Tropper 38 models. They often can still be found for a bargin

Sixgun Symphony
01-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Good to know, thanks for the information on the "E" frame Colt revolvers.

BTW, I will also check out that other forum.