PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Advice! Please

gcollins
01-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi All,
I will be putting some dies on here for sale in a day or 2! in these dies I have are 22-250, 243, 270,308, 30-06 these dies are all Bench Rest, I have been told that they are Foresters?? Should I try to sell them in a lot?? My thought there was are there guys that collect?? If I sell them ind. are Bench Rest dies worth more? I allways do things like I did on this buy, not knowing what they are worth I spent a boat load of money[smilie=b: and I need to get what everything is worth? I think that a lot of you all know me, and I am not going to cheat ANYONE all I want is what things are worth.

I would be great full for any and all help!
Greg

Roundnoser
01-14-2012, 03:17 PM
I would NOT sell them as one lot / one price. I'd sell them as seperate sets...some guys might already have some of the calibers you are selling. -- I can't help you with the price for Foresters. I'd bet they would sell for a little higher than the other brands..perhaps especially if they are in excellent condition, and have the original boxes, etc.

I know for a fact that Love Life was looking for 30-06 dies recently.

Good luck!

Suo Gan
01-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi All,
I will be putting some dies on here for sale in a day or 2! in these dies I have are 22-250, 243, 270,308, 30-06 these dies are all Bench Rest, I have been told that they are Foresters?? Should I try to sell them in a lot?? NO My thought there was are there guys that collect?? NOIf I sell them ind. are Bench Rest dies worth more? YESI allways do things like I did on this buy, not knowing what they are worth I spent a boat load of money[smilie=b: and I need to get what everything is worth? I think that a lot of you all know me, and I am not going to cheat ANYONE all I want is what things are worth.

I would be great full for any and all help!
Greg

I would like the 30-06 die set and I will offer $50 for it. It would need to be a Forster and truly be a benchrest die set for that though.

Take care

jimkim
01-14-2012, 04:16 PM
There are several different options available with Forster Bench Rest dies. I would at least compare them to the ones from the Midway site. Some of the m might have the Micrometer seating stem from the Ultra set. That would increase the value a good bit.
http://www.midwayusa.com/find?dimensionids=4294846295&statuses=Available&statuses=In+Stock&statuses=Backorder+OK&statuses=Special+Order&statuses=Not+Available&statuses=No+Backorder&statuses=Coming+Soon&statuses=Other&minPrice=&maxPrice=&sortBy=1&itemsPerPage=20&PreviousCategoryDimensionId=11961&promotionId=&userSearchQuery=

01-14-2012, 09:41 PM
If it were me, I'd:
1. Learn the dies brand and model, and research their current Midway/Midsouth/Natchez/Graf/etc. prices.
2. List them seperately and priced no more than 70% of new, unless their condition -- well used, rusted, buggered knurling, etc. -- warrants a lower percentage.

If you are looking for more than 70% of retail, list them on ebay. Often, used casting and reloading equipment sells for more than new.

gcollins
01-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks Guys! They are bench rest, I don't know how they work, they are Bonansa brand if that helps , I have a very good friend told me that they were made by forester.
Thanks again
G

MtGun44
01-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Good sharp pictures that show the condition accurately will help you get a fair price. I always
figure if I can't see it, I won't bid any higher than I would for a moderately badly messed
up version. If yours are messed up, omit the pix. If they are nice, pix will get you more
money.

Bill