PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from the Hobbs NM area

crazy mark
03-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I need to know some info on how to find out if somebody is buying property there or owns property. Nobody answers emails in the county government down there.
Thanks, Mark

Tomhorn
03-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Mark, I can't really help you, but if you have the address or legal description of a particular property the county assessers office would be the place to contact. They would have the legal owners name and billing address. I do not know what county Hobbs is in, but you might check online as some counties are putting there record in online databases.

As far as someone buying a property there is no way of knowing until a sale has been recorded with the county assesser.

Thats about all I can tell you. Good luck with your search.

Mark Wilson

pecos
03-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Mark--Hobbs NM is in Lea County. The county seat is in Lovington NM
regards, pecos

crazy mark
03-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Thanks. I have talked with them and they aren't what you would call real friendly. I have a judgement against my step son and he is buying a house down there with his wife. I need to put a lien on the house. Here in Oregon and up in Washington you can go on line and find that info out. I do know the address. Thanks, Mark

No_1
03-07-2007, 06:13 AM
I can understand your delima. Give it a little while. I am sure they are not buying then selling again before you can do anything. Once you know they are in there for a couple of months, get a lawyer to to draw up the proper paperwork, take it or get the legal assistant to take it to the clerk of court and file it. Please make sure the amount you put as a lien includes the original judgement plus the cost associated with filing the lein (lawyer, clerk fees, your time, fuel, ect.). Please keep in mind that collecting this way is a very slow process. It really does nothing to them until they sell which could be a long time. Also if a forclosure happens, you will not be the first in line to get money very possibly getting none. I would suggest waiting till they are in there solid then giving it a last ditch effort of collecting by telling them you are getting ready to file a lien against the house that will include added expense and suggest that if they pay up now, they will save themselves a lot of funds and trouble later. It worked for me...

Good Luck,

Robert

Thanks. I have talked with them and they aren't what you would call real friendly. I have a judgement against my step son and he is buying a house down there with his wife. I need to put a lien on the house. Here in Oregon and up in Washington you can go on line and find that info out. I do know the address. Thanks, Mark

wills
03-07-2007, 10:15 AM

It is a small county, and apparently can’t afford to put the tax rolls online.

You don’t need that information anyway. Send your abstract of judgment to the county clerk for recording. It will attach to any property the judgment debtor presently owns or acquires later.

If it is not a new mexico judgment, you may have to have it domesticated.