PDA

View Full Version : Redneck 410 final crimp crimper

DODGEM250
01-11-2012, 04:49 PM
When in need of something that does not exist... Rednecks make their own ( if he can dream, he can build it )

Here's my 410 shotshell final crimp made from a bolt, gas pipe fitting, and a short section of CPVC pipe. ( Dodgem Made Technology )

The gas pipe fitting screws directly in to my Lee Challenger press as if it was meant to be. The bolt is a 2" hex head to provide the flat surface required for the crimps to be pressed flat inside of the CPVC tube, which is the hull tube of course. I had to break out the taps/dies to thread the CPVC tube to screw into the internal threads of the pipe fitting.

I then melted a small amount of Bohning Ferr-L Tite (http://www.bohning.com/store/ferr-l-tite.html) ( out of my archery parts box ) in the base of the CPVC tube to fill in the gaps around the hex head bolt head for a one-piece flat base. After that set up hard I dropped one tear drop of hot Ferr-L Tite in the tube to give the base the countersink effect for the final crimp.

The MEC Spindex 410 crimp starter off of ebay will be retrofitted to the press this evening using 2 fender washers ( you can imagine how this works ).

I am so glad I have big workshop full of spare parts.

skeettx
01-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Well done, WELL DONE
Mike

LUBEDUDE
01-13-2012, 12:56 AM
impressive indeed