PDA

View Full Version : C. Sharps Soule sights

larobinson
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi ... any comments about the repeatability and durability of the C.Sharps Soule sights ... mid and/or long range? Thinking about having an 1885 built in 45-70 for silhouette. Lee

6.5 mike
01-11-2012, 01:37 AM
You are going to like the 1885, just got one in 32-40. Have not used C Sharps sights, do have 3 mid-range Lee Shaver's on 2 hiwalls & a 1875, very repeatable & good out to 800 yds according to mfgr.

If you get the single set trigger it's real LITE,lol.

NickSS
01-11-2012, 07:16 AM
I have several C sharps tang sights and they work great and have done so for the past twenty years. I do not own one of their soul sights though but would expect them to be good sights too. The only Soul sight I own is one by lee Shaver and it works just fine for me.

ridurall
01-15-2012, 03:01 AM
I've got the Baldwin Soule sites on my Shiloh, Sharps 45/70 and I've never had any trouble with them being able to repeat their settings. I do have to admit I've not spent the time that I had origially intended to when I purchased the rifle. I'm casting a 522 gr bullet with 20/1 lead tin alloy and have been tinkering with several types of powder. I keep meaning to really do some long range shooting with it and my 50 BMG but darn it finding the time for all my round-to-it's just has not worked out. Anyway the quality of the Baldwin does impress me. The guy that makes them is in Jones Oklahoma.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/50144f1282e8d77ed.jpg

Good luck
Ron

Gunlaker
01-15-2012, 12:17 PM
I have several C. sharps rifles that ordered with their sights. They work very well, certainly no complaints from me. I have the Shaver sights on one rifle and prefer the C. Sharps over them as the windage scale in much easier to read.

The MVA sights are nice too though...

Chris.