PDA

View Full Version : Online software for BIG bores?

Naphtali
01-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Having experimented with Pedersoli's 5xx-grain ringtail bullet in my .54-caliber Sharps 1863 rifle, I want to create a mold that adjusts bullets to reflect my experience with 45/425/LFN-GC bullets - that is, tangential ogive with larger meplat, wider lube grooves, and superior internal mold finish. Mountain Molds' software tops out at .50-caliber. Accurate Molds will not assist in creation of mold designs. Tom limits himself to creating well-made, excellent value molds at acceptable prices. I am aware of no other online possibilities.

Please identify online software that is capable of designing .54-caliber bullets, plain base AND ringtail.

leadman
01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Did you try Veral Smith at Lead Bullet Technology? He probably has no software but he does make custom molds that are very good.

nanuk
01-10-2012, 07:41 PM
..... Accurate Molds will not assist in creation of mold designs. Tom limits himself to creating well-made, excellent value molds at acceptable prices.

what do you mean by this?

Naphtali
01-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Did you try Veral Smith at Lead Bullet Technology? He probably has no software but he does make custom molds that are very good.Oh boy, did I forget the obvious! My first half-dozen 45-70 bullet molds were from Veral. I got away from doing business with him a while ago - I'm not sure why, though. . . . This must be why I pay you the big bucks.

Many thanks.