PDA

View Full Version : Cimmaron 1860 Henry?

Bigbuckeye
01-09-2012, 09:25 PM
I am looking at the cimmaron Uberti 1860 Henry's and I have a question, what is the difference between the "civilian" and "Civil War" models?

Also,

Will the Cimmaron guns still be stamped Uberti?

Finally, does anyone have one of these who would like to comment on their quality?

Thanks

EDK
01-09-2012, 10:47 PM
VISUALLY looks like sling swivels are the only difference.

ALLEGEDLY, the military is somehow supposed to be stronger/re-inforced for more shooting.

I've been wanting one awhile, but things keep getting in the way. My goal was a pair of 1871 OPEN TOPS or various 1860 ARMY cartridge conversions and a HENRY in 44 COLT chambering. I was going to shoot CAS and maybe get into a "WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION" re-enactor group with them.

:redneck::cbpour::guntootsmiley:

NickSS
01-13-2012, 06:21 AM
I have a uberti Henry in 45 colt that I bought some years ago due to a very good price. Mine is a military style but I have seen civilian ones. As far as I can tell the military ones have a staple welded to the rib between the mag tube and barrel on the left side and a regular sling swivel in the butt stock. In lieu of a Henry sling I use a german G3 leather sling which works great and cost a lot less to buy. The one thing I can say about the Henry is that it works smooth as glass and shoots well too. I would rather have had it in 44-40 but at 1/2 the new price at the time I bought the 45 colt.

Bigbuckeye
01-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Why would you prefer 44-40?