PDA

View Full Version : Moustache wax or boolit lube

375RUGER
01-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Who makes their own moustache wax? what's your recipe? Do you lube your boolits with the same mix? or Do you wax your moustache with your boolit lube?

gandydancer
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Hey! I need some MOOSTACHE WAX for my handlebar. do they still make that stuff?? Bullet lube? I buy all of mine. To lazy to make it.

bruce drake
01-09-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.ebarbershop.com/ShopSite/moustachewax.html

Google is your friend.

I fully intend to grow a Handlebar upon retirement from the military in a few years.

Bruce

gandydancer
01-09-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.ebarbershop.com/ShopSite/moustachewax.html

Google is your friend.

I fully intend to grow a Handlebar upon retirement from the military in a few years.

Bruce
Hey! thanks Bruce. on the info on the stash items. I had a handlebar for years back in the 70's & 80's during my blackpowder days then went to a full beard & had it for 30 or more years. just took the beard off 2 months ago I am now working on a new handle bar and I do need some wax. thanks again. Oh! and thanks for you service to us all. How long before retirement? and where are you at this time?? Home safe I hope. Tom Getchell/gandydancer

square butte
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I've been using a some from an outfit called FireHouse Mustache Wax - called wackey tackey. Great stuff for the un-ruley handle bar. Been wonderin what the stuff is made of, because I think it would make great bullut lube. Best I've used for mustache wax.

bruce drake
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm over 20 so its just a matter of time before I decide to hang it up.

Back at Fort Drum, NY for the next 5 months. Slated to move to Ft. Leavenworth, KS this summer. We'll see how I feel about serving after I do a couple years at the next assignment on whether or not I retire out finally at around 25 years.

At this point, I'll have to go and use the light wax as my grey is advancing quickly.

Bruce

375RUGER
01-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I think some if not all waxes have beeswax. Some with castor oil, and I don't know what else. Let's see: Felix lube has beeswax+castor oil+????
So I bet someone on here is making their own, tonight after work we'll probably find out.
I've been thinking of making some but thought I'd ask first since we're shooters helping shooters.

keebo52
01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Beeswax and vaseline at about 2 to 1 beeswax but it may take some tweaking to get the consistency you want.

gandydancer
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I've been using a some from an outfit called FireHouse Mustache Wax - called wackey tackey. Great stuff for the un-ruley handle bar. Been wonderin what the stuff is made of, because I think it would make great bullut lube. Best I've used for mustache wax.
thanks square butte I just orderd 2 tins from Firehouse mustache wax. I will put some on a stache and maybe a bullet or two. Getch

ARKANSAS PACKRAT
01-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Keebo52 has it about right, I made my own for 10 years when I could not find a commercial product that was stiff enough (pre Google days!!)!
Nick

randyrat
01-10-2012, 08:53 AM
I've made it using beeswax lightened with a bit of olive oil for Mustache wax. It stiffened up the whiskers good.. I've never seen actual mustache.

I'm guessing it is made of some kind of wax/oil mix with an emulsified alcohol to soften it, when it applied the alcohol evaporates and the wax stays put?

cajun shooter
01-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Many years ago in the 50's and 60's almost all drug stores sold small mustache wax kits. They contained a small brush and comb and a tin of wax.
It was in a red and white barber shop pole type of container with the picture of a guy with a huge waxed moustache.

Abenaki
01-12-2012, 11:12 PM
I use Lars White label.... his 50/50 to be exact!
I'm not joking!!!!

I ran out of wax........So, I said "Hmmmmm lets try this"!

I just hold a chunk in between my fingers till it warms up, then apply it.

I know....I know....I'll die of cancer or some thing!

Take care
Abenaki

375RUGER
01-12-2012, 11:48 PM
I knew somebody on here would use boolit lube. So you went with the 50/50. Have you thought about the BAC to maybe bring out the highlights?

Pitchnit
01-13-2012, 09:49 PM
I really like "Oregon Wild Hair".

mroliver77
01-14-2012, 12:49 AM
I use Felix lube in place of "Crew Comb". It is also good for chapped lips, cracked skin on hands and feet and a decent sealer for oiled gunstocks in place of the Marines old time stuff.
Jay