PDA

View Full Version : empty Brass

WickedGoodOutdoors
01-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Heres are some cool things to do with empty Brass.

I made a Choke Know for my Motorcycle out of a 28 GA Brass and screwd it onto the carb.

Im currently looking for some 50 cal Brass to make Guitar Strap buttons to hold the straps on if anyone has any to spare that is not usable for anything else. Any Donations?

http://www.themusicroom-online.co.uk/images/2090G-strap-button-gold.jpg

You can also make conchos for decorations on many things and Clocks and fishing sinkers

cheese1566
01-18-2012, 11:10 PM
I used empty nickel 45acp casings for cabinet knobs on my reloading bench.

Knock out the primer and use a screw that will fit the recess; may need to drill out the flash hole depending on the screw.

Bullet Caster
01-19-2012, 02:30 AM
Wow what a nifty way to make custom drawer pulls. I imagine they look good on a workbench. Next time I need cabinet or drawer pulls, I thinik I'll use your method. BC

WickedGoodOutdoors
02-07-2012, 10:05 AM
I still looking for a couple 50 BMG shells if anyone can spare some.

I could use any large caliber with a rim if anyone has a couple to spare.

Capt@WickedGoodOutdoors.com

uscra112
02-12-2012, 12:46 AM
I used a cut-off .50 BMG case for playing slide guitar for years and years. Nothing else came close.

dsbock
02-12-2012, 01:33 AM
I used empty nickel 45acp casings for cabinet knobs on my reloading bench.

Knock out the primer and use a screw that will fit the recess; may need to drill out the flash hole depending on the screw.

I did the same thing using 12 gauge hulls for cabinet door pulls. Cut the hull down to the brass, knocked out the primer, and screwed them to the door.

When I build mt next workbench, all the doors and drawers will have 12 gauge pulls or knobs.

David

429421Cowboy
02-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Kknock out the primer in a 20ga shell, cut the head off flat at the rim, drill a hole in the primer, pop it back in and you've got a button for your hunting pants. Decap a rifle shell, fill the case with caulk and stick a straightend safety pin in it and you have a bodkin for tying flys.

WickedGoodOutdoors
02-18-2012, 08:58 AM
I cut the head off a 28 Gage, popped out the primer and used it for a Knob on my motorcyle choke lever.

Wish I still had the bike.

would anyone have a .50 Mag brass that they have worn out and would like to give away?

I need then Silver, Nickle Plated to Match the hardware on the GeeTar

That would be perfect for the Guitar strap.

I like both types of Music: Country & Western & Calypso & Reggie & Blues & Folk and Rock & Roll

GT27
02-19-2012, 10:24 AM
WGO,the closest I can come to helping you is that I noticed the other day I was at Sarco and they had the 50 bmg dummy rounds for $3.00 a round! If I had some I would send them,sorry! GT27