PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to say Hello

Sasquatch-1
01-08-2012, 12:12 PM
I just registered on the site and did not see a place for new members to introduce themselves so I picked this one and hope I am in the right place.

I live in the Martinsburg WV area, for those not familiar with the area it is in the Eastern Panhandle area about an hour and a half north of Washington, DC. The part that sits between Maryland and Virginia. I moved here about seven yaears ago from the Montgomery County Md area. ( I had to escape the peoples republic) I was a DC Police officer for 25 years and retired in Dec. 1999. I have done a few other things since then but nothing has stuck.

I have been shooting since I was about 18 and everything I knew prior to joining the police department was self taught. I have been reloading and casting for about 35 years and again everything is self taught and I am by NO means an expert.

Right now I am preparing to invest some time and money into learning how to swage. I am going the cheap route mainly because Corbin is just tooo darn expensive to justify the cost for me.

If anyone is in the same area as I am. I would be interested in getting together to shoot. I belong to the local chapter of the Issac Walton League in Jefferson cty WV.

No_1
01-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Good morning and welcome to the board. Good to have you as a member. There are members currently heading down the swaging path so you should be able find almost anything you need to know. Look around and if you have any questions just ask.

Stick_man
01-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Greetings and salutations! Welcome to the madness. By registering here, you have become part of the best forum on the internet. Welcome to the family. You will find a wealth of knowledge here and lots of our brothers and sisters are just achin' to share it with anybody. Feel free to ask questions and share some of your experiences.

Hardcast416taylor
01-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Hello and Welcome! Glad to read about you and the time spent doing the lead melt and cast hobby. I believe I am being honest saying that everybody here is still learning about casting bullets, irregardless of the number years they have been doing it.Robert

SharpsShooter
01-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Greetings northern neighbor! I am in south east West Virginia about 175 NM south west. Welcoe aboard1

SS

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Right now I am preparing to invest some time and money into learning how to swage.

Welcome !
Almost 2 years ago, I came to this website to learn more about swaging and casting cores. Never cast a boolit before that. There is an incredible amount information here as well as talent. Learn to use the search feature, there is sooo much to read...it'll take you months. There is plenty to learn about casting boolits as well.
Jon

Crawdaddy
01-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Greetings from New Mexico. You will find a large number of knowledgeable people to help you learn to Swage.

I started to swage a couple of months ago. I couldn't have done it without the expert advice I received here.

Hickory
01-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Right now I am preparing to invest some time and money into learning how to swage. I am going the cheap route mainly because Corbin is just tooo darn expensive to justify the cost for me.

If you were a younger man, you could
get your monies worth out of a Corbin outfit.

hiram1
01-08-2012, 07:05 PM
GLAD to have ya.Lots of good guys on here to help if you need it just ask

OBIII
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Greetings, and welcome to the Forum. I am in Western Maryland, about 1-3/4 hours from Martinsburg. I pass by your neck of the woods every 3 to four months. Check out BT Sniper for swaging info, and there is a wealth of info in the swaging section of the forum. Again, Welcome aboard.

Mumblypeg
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Welcome Sasquatch, your history sounds about like mine. I'm retired LEO for 3 years now. Pull up a chair, sit back and enjoy the ride... you will find an answer for most everything here.:coffee:

Mooseman
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Welcome aboard !
Rich

WILCO
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the family.

Ditto for me!

firefly1957
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the forum I am sitting in Michigan started loading shotgun at 14 and picked up a few things as I went I reload,swage,muzzle load,cast ........I would forget something anyway.

What kind of swaging are you interested in mainly pistol, rifle,Lead , Jacketed?

Echo
01-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Welcome, SQ-1, to the family - this is the best forum on the web!